Hong Kong – Fullerton, an investment fund controlled by Singaporean sovereign wealth fund Temasek Holdings, has bought a 7.4% stake in leading Bollywood film distributor Eros International.
The stake was acquired after Eros International this month completed the transfer of its primary share listing from London’s second tier Alternative Investment Market to the main New York Stock Exchange.
Eros cut back the scale and pricing of its recent share sale below its initially indicated range. Finally it sold 5 million shares at $11 apiece.
The company, which is operated from London is a major financier of Indian movies and has distribution operations that span India and 50 territories overseas. Most recently it handled Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s “Ram-Leela” (pictured), adding to a catalog of some 2,000 titles.
With its shares currently trading at $11 the company has a market capitalization of $252 million. It also controls Eros International Media, its Indian subsidiary which has its own separate »
- Patrick Frater
Similar News ItemsSanjay Leela Bhansali
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Dilwale and 8 other expected blockbusters/hits of year 2015 (From GlamSham. 6 July 2015, 6:28 AM, PDT)
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali to launch Vinod Khannas son Sakshi Khanna (From BollywoodHungama. 3 July 2015, 5:24 AM, PDT)
- Shooting for Ranveer Singh - Deepika Padukone starrer Bajirao Mastani on a war footing (From BollywoodHungama. 2 July 2015, 5:48 AM, PDT)
Eros International [in]
- Kishore Lulla, Executive Chairman, Eros International, honored by Asia Society Southern California (From Bollyspice. 28 June 2015, 9:25 PM, PDT)
- Kangana is definitely a force to reckon with – R Madhavan talks Tanu Weds Manu Returns (From Bollyspice. 26 May 2015, 7:26 PM, PDT)
- Eros sweeps up Indo-China collaboration after Pm Modi’s visit (From Bollyspice. 18 May 2015, 3:33 AM, PDT)