In between its broadcast of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and viewers' own belt-straining dinners on Thursday, Nov. 28, NBC again offers one of the newest of Turkey Day traditions, a two-hour presentation of the National Dog Show, taped Nov. 16-17 just outside Philadelphia.
Sponsored by the Kennel Club of Philadelphia, the show offers a first look for many at the new breeds added to the American Kennel Club roster of purebreds, which will compete in early 2014 at the Westminster Kennel Club show in New York.
Again offering commentary are actor/singer/musician John O'Hurley and canine expert David Frei, who points out one great advantage of purebreds, which were developed to breed true to type, generation after generation.
"They are all 4-pound balls of fluff at one point in time," says Frei to Zap2it, "but you'd better think about what they're going to be like as an adult, because »
Similar News ItemsMacy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (2008) (TV)
- An Essential Guide to the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show (From PEOPLE.com. 16 February 2015, 3:45 PM, PST)
- Who Was Googled More in 2014: Adele Dazeem or the Queen? (From PEOPLE.com. 18 December 2014, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Stars, Balloons, and Santa Take Over the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (From Popsugar. 27 November 2014, 10:49 AM, PST)
"Middle Ages" (1992)
- Review: The Piper, A Satisfyingly Grimm Fairy Tale (From Twitch. 9 July 2015, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Hard to Be a God | Blu-ray Review (From ioncinema. 30 June 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- The Top Father's Day Films Ever Made? Here Are Five Dads - Ranging from the Intellectual to the Pathological (From Alt Film Guide. 22 June 2015, 4:02 AM, PDT)
Jack Russell (XIII)
- Life's a Beach review – affectionate and elegantly brisk (From The Guardian - Film News. 2 July 2015, 1:45 PM, PDT)
- My Wrestling Match With .Russell Madness. (From Manny the Movie Guy. 13 March 2015, 2:16 PM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘The Gunman’ (From Variety - Film News. 6 March 2015, 11:00 AM, PST)