It's a little weird seeing Oscar nominee James Franco play a local Louisiana druglord named Gator in the latest Jason Statham movie, "Homefront" (though admittedly not much weirder than watching him play a grill-wearing Florida gangster named Alien in last year's "Spring Breakers"). Nothing against Franco, but High Times' 2008 "Stoner of the Year" isn't exactly the most intimidating foe for a walking action movie like Statham.
Still, a little weird can be a good thing, and thanks to Franco's gonzo villain, "Homefront" ends up being a lot more entertaining than Statham's last few solo projects. From a screenplay originally written by (and for) Sylvester Stallone, the movie stars Statham as Phil Broker, a former DEA agent who moves to rural Louisiana with his young daughter after the death of his wife, and unwittingly starts a blood feud with Franco's Gator Bodine, Raysville, Louisiana's very own meth kingpin.
And while Jason Statham vs. »
- Rick Mele
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- 20 Things We Learned From James Franco’s SNL Documentary (From MTV Movie News. 28 September 2014, 2:55 PM, PDT)
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Season 40 Premiere Review (From Screen Rant. 28 September 2014, 8:54 AM, PDT)
- This Week's Best Celebrity TwitPics! (From TooFab. 27 September 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Five Ways 'Equalizer' Star Denzel Washington Beats Out His Fellow Action Stars (From Thompson on Hollywood. 29 September 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- New Equalizer Movie Received Mixed Reviews From Major Movie Critics (From OnTheFlix. 27 September 2014, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- "The Walking Dead": Enter Lauren Cohan (From SneakPeek. 26 September 2014, 12:20 PM, PDT)
- Alex Winter interview: Grand Piano, Bill & Ted, Deep Web (From Den of Geek. 29 September 2014, 12:31 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Good People’ (From Variety - Film News. 26 September 2014, 10:52 AM, PDT)
- Movie News: New 'Fast & Furious 7' Images; 'Whiplash' Director Lands on Neil Armstrong Biopic (From Movies.com. 24 September 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)