Although the long-standing love affair between Jerry Bruckheimer and Disney is coming to an end next year, its legacy will live on in the extraordinary success of Bruckheimer’s swashbuckling franchise Pirates of the Caribbean and the $3.7 billion it has grossed from box office sales alone.
Disney attempted a similar revival this summer with The Lone Ranger, which ended up being something of a financial disaster, but the Pirates of the Caribbean movies have always been heavy-hitters. The fourth installment, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, made well over $1 billion at the box office and as a result a new film, Pirates of the Caribbean: ...
- H. Shaw-Williams
Similar News ItemsChristoph Waltz
- New look at Dave Bautista’s Mr. Hinx from Spectre (From Flickeringmyth. 1 May 2015, 9:37 AM, PDT)
- Mr. Hinx Chases James Bond in New 007 Spectre Video And Images (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 30 April 2015, 3:33 PM, PDT)
- These Spectre Pics Will Make You Want James Bond Back Sooner (From BuzzSugar. 30 April 2015, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- First Look at Captain Jack in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (From Filmonic. 22 April 2015, 4:55 PM, PDT)
- Double Depp First Look In ‘Pirates 5′ & ‘Black Mass’ (From The Hollywood News. 22 April 2015, 2:07 PM, PDT)
- Johnny Depp Tied Up Good in First Pirates of the Caribbean 5 Photo (From TheHDRoom. 22 April 2015, 12:33 PM, PDT)
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)
- Do you feel the power of the Gladiators? 10 stars of the hit '90s show then and now (From Digital Spy - TV news. 30 April 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Claflin, Ahmed In Talks For "Star Wars" (From Dark Horizons. 23 April 2015, 2:24 PM, PDT)
- 'Magic Mike Xxl' and a potential Johnny Depp comeback top WB's CinemaCon sneaks (From Hitfix. 22 April 2015, 12:50 AM, PDT)