Although the long-standing love affair between Jerry Bruckheimer and Disney is coming to an end next year, its legacy will live on in the extraordinary success of Bruckheimer’s swashbuckling franchise Pirates of the Caribbean and the $3.7 billion it has grossed from box office sales alone.
Disney attempted a similar revival this summer with The Lone Ranger, which ended up being something of a financial disaster, but the Pirates of the Caribbean movies have always been heavy-hitters. The fourth installment, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, made well over $1 billion at the box office and as a result a new film, Pirates of the Caribbean: ...
- H. Shaw-Williams
Similar News ItemsChristoph Waltz
- Krampus Wishes Everyone Happy Holidays With 3 Creepy Greeting Cards (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 20 December 2014, 8:51 AM, PST)
- Exclusive: Tim Burton and Margaret Keane Gush Over Amy Adams (From BuzzSugar. 19 December 2014, 11:29 AM, PST)
- Podcast: Reviewing 'The Hobbit' and 'The Gambler' & Sony Cancels Release of 'The Interview' (From Rope Of Silicon. 19 December 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
- 'The Interview' and precedence: On dictators in comedy movies, TV and online (From Hitfix. 18 December 2014, 4:59 PM, PST)
- The Fly: Outbreak Announced by Idw Publishing (From DailyDead. 17 December 2014, 1:04 PM, PST)
- Will 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Be a Reboot? (From MovieWeb. 16 December 2014, 11:13 AM, PST)
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)
- Pirates Of The Caribbean 5: "they want to reboot" (From Den of Geek. 16 December 2014, 10:48 PM, PST)
- Pirates of the Caribbean 5 could be a reboot according to Orlando Bloom (From Flickeringmyth. 16 December 2014, 11:35 AM, PST)
- Win Tickets To The Advance Screening of Into The Woods In St. Louis (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 12 December 2014, 11:34 AM, PST)