Although the long-standing love affair between Jerry Bruckheimer and Disney is coming to an end next year, its legacy will live on in the extraordinary success of Bruckheimer’s swashbuckling franchise Pirates of the Caribbean and the $3.7 billion it has grossed from box office sales alone.
Disney attempted a similar revival this summer with The Lone Ranger, which ended up being something of a financial disaster, but the Pirates of the Caribbean movies have always been heavy-hitters. The fourth installment, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, made well over $1 billion at the box office and as a result a new film, Pirates of the Caribbean: ...
- H. Shaw-Williams
Similar News ItemsChristoph Waltz
- James Bond 24: major villain rumoured to return (From Den of Geek. 23 November 2014, 10:49 PM, PST)
- Zukerman to star in Us sci-fi drama (From IF.com.au. 23 November 2014, 1:54 PM, PST)
- Brenton Thwaites Set For Pirates Of The Caribbean 5 (From EmpireOnline. 23 November 2014, 9:05 AM, PST)
- Pirate ship ahoy for Brenton Thwaites (From IF.com.au. 23 November 2014, 12:25 PM, PST)
- Fox Orders Global Frequency TV Pilot Based On DC Comic Series (From We Got This Covered. 22 November 2014, 5:10 PM, PST)
- Jerry Bruckheimer is adapting ‘Global Frequency’, a TV series based on the Warren Ellis comic (From SoundOnSight. 22 November 2014, 9:54 AM, PST)
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)
- Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt, James Corden, Anna Kendrick, Chris Pine At Into The Woods Q&A (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 23 November 2014, 11:59 AM, PST)
- Watch Disney’s Into The Woods Livestream Q&A With Cast And Filmmakers (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 22 November 2014, 2:46 PM, PST)
- Brenton Thwaites in Talks to Join Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (From Collider.com. 21 November 2014, 11:40 AM, PST)