Media Image Ltd
Over the past few seasons Arsenal have become infamous for allowing their players’ contracts to run down and as a result they have found themselves in many a sticky situation when they come to renewing their deals.
It has happened several times down the years with numerous top players, the most recent of which is Robin van Persie, who ran his deal down to one year and then cashed in on his position with the club to earn himself a move to Manchester United.
This naive strategy from manager Arsene Wenger and the hierarchy at the club has led to the downfall of several of its stars, and has attracted widespread criticism from the fans.
The club have at least temporarily stemmed the flow of such occurrences, with their young British talent all signing long term deals with the Gunners. This includes Theo Walcott, who before signing »
- Nick Turner
Similar News ItemsRobin van Persie
- Man Utd Transfers: 10 Deals That Should Happen In January (From Obsessed with Film. 10 December 2014, 3:31 AM, PST)
- Man Utd Poll: Is Radamel Falcao A Good Signing? (From Obsessed with Film. 1 September 2014, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- 10 Legends You Won’t Believe Are Out Of Contract Next Summer (From Obsessed with Film. 26 August 2014, 12:55 AM, PDT)
- Arsenal Poll: Who Should Lead Wenger’s Attack Against Man City? (From Obsessed with Film. 8 September 2014, 1:33 AM, PDT)
- FIFA 15: Top 10 Player Rating Predictions (From Obsessed with Film. 20 May 2014, 8:07 AM, PDT)
- Arsenal vs Newcastle – Live On Sky Sports 1 (From Obsessed with Film. 28 April 2014, 10:23 AM, PDT)