Media Image Ltd
In recent years there has been a distinct lack of English talent leaving our shores to try their hand in foreign leagues. Whilst it is true that many English players do play abroad, 195 to be exact if you exclude British clubs, they are not exactly of the highest quality, and gone are the days when Steve McManaman and David Beckham donned the white shirt of Real Madrid.
Following Gareth Bale’s move to Madrid in the summer, it got a lot of people wondering why more English players don’t play abroad (I realise that Bale is Welsh but his football upbringing has very much been in England).
The amount of rumours over the years of English players moving to foreign clubs could be counted on one hand, with Chelsea’s Frank Lampard linked with Inter Milan, then coached by Jose Mourinho the one that immediately springs to mind. »
- Nick Turner
Similar News ItemsDavid Beckham (I)
- David Beckham: My Kids Are 'Very Stylish' (From Access Hollywood. 15 September 2014, 2:17 PM, PDT)
- Pregnant Liv Tyler Already Has Adorable Maternity Style—See the Latest Pic! (From E! Online. 12 September 2014, 12:10 PM, PDT)
- David Beckham Gets Jay Z Concert Lyric Tattooed on His Hand: See the Pic! (From E! Online. 11 September 2014, 10:14 AM, PDT)
Wayne Rooney (II)
- 10 Things Man Utd Fans Need To Know About Angel Di Maria (From Obsessed with Film. 10 September 2014, 11:14 AM, PDT)
- Man Utd Poll: Is Radamel Falcao A Good Signing? (From Obsessed with Film. 1 September 2014, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- Spurs News: Danny Rose Receives Shock England Call (From Obsessed with Film. 28 August 2014, 4:42 AM, PDT)
- Christine Bleakley not moving to New York with Frank Lampard (From Digital Spy - TV news. 11 September 2014, 5:57 AM, PDT)
- England vs Norway – Team News, Match Preview & Confirmed Line-Ups (From Obsessed with Film. 3 September 2014, 9:32 AM, PDT)
- What to Watch: Tonight's TV Picks - Big School, A League of Their Own (From Digital Spy - TV news. 29 August 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)