Media Image Ltd
In recent years there has been a distinct lack of English talent leaving our shores to try their hand in foreign leagues. Whilst it is true that many English players do play abroad, 195 to be exact if you exclude British clubs, they are not exactly of the highest quality, and gone are the days when Steve McManaman and David Beckham donned the white shirt of Real Madrid.
Following Gareth Bale’s move to Madrid in the summer, it got a lot of people wondering why more English players don’t play abroad (I realise that Bale is Welsh but his football upbringing has very much been in England).
The amount of rumours over the years of English players moving to foreign clubs could be counted on one hand, with Chelsea’s Frank Lampard linked with Inter Milan, then coached by Jose Mourinho the one that immediately springs to mind. »
- Nick Turner
Similar News ItemsDavid Beckham (I)
- Eva Longoria's Sexy Bikini Body Breaks All the Rules - Literally (From Popsugar. 1 July 2015, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- David Beckham Gets a Tattoo For Harper, but It's Not What You Think (From Popsugar. 30 June 2015, 7:50 PM, PDT)
- David Beckham Gets a Minion Tattoo Picked Out by Daughter Harper: See the Cute Pic! (From E! Online. 30 June 2015, 10:50 AM, PDT)
Wayne Rooney (II)
- Big Brother Brian Belo interview: 'Helen should have been kicked out for what she said' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 25 June 2015, 4:36 AM, PDT)
- Gascoigne Blu-ray Review (From The Hollywood News. 13 June 2015, 8:59 AM, PDT)
- Gascoigne Review: Vulnerability And Vanity As Art (From Obsessed with Film. 6 June 2015, 9:21 AM, PDT)
- Liverpool: Steven Gerrard’s 10 Most Defining Moments (From Obsessed with Film. 19 May 2015, 7:33 AM, PDT)
- Frank Lampard and Bradley Walsh take on the Play To The Whistle diving challenge (From Digital Spy - TV news. 18 May 2015, 1:21 PM, PDT)
- Christine Bleakley trying to plan wedding (From Virgin Media - TV. 2 May 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)