This week, newspapers reported that Brad and Angelina were planning to buy a private island. It's news to the island's current owners, at least
It is sometimes said that there are only seven showbiz stories, with "X has splashed out on a new X" one of the great ur-myths. Within that category, though, Lost in Showbiz has a special weakness for a notable subgenre: "Celebrity has splashed out on a private island."
All you can be absolutely sure of, whenever you see a variant on that tale, is that the one thing the celebrity has not done is splash out on a private island. To read the headline "Celebrity has splashed out on a private island" is to know that the opposite is axiomatically true.
- Marina Hyde
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- From Sony to Snapchat: When Old Hollywood Meets New Media (From FilmSchoolRejects. 18 January 2017, 10:02 AM, PST)
- Who is Stephen Graham? Actor who plays Atticus on Taboo (From Monsters and Critics. 17 January 2017, 7:00 PM, PST)
- Richard Armitage Nicks Role In Ocean’s Eight (From We Got This Covered. 17 January 2017, 2:30 PM, PST)
- 'Will & Grace' Revival Series Officially Coming to NBC (From Entertainment Tonight. 18 January 2017, 10:10 AM, PST)
- Zahara Jolie-Pitt's Birth Mother Wants to Reconnect With Her Daughter: ‘I Long to be Able to Speak With Her’ (From Entertainment Tonight. 17 January 2017, 6:03 PM, PST)
- Meet the Power Couples Taking Over Hollywood in 2017 (From E! Online. 17 January 2017, 3:38 PM, PST)
Tommy Lee (VI)
- It's Important That We Address How Hot Pamela Anderson's Son Is (From Popsugar. 8 January 2017, 10:22 AM, PST)
- Cindy Crawford, Pamela Anderson, Daniel Day-Lewis & Jude Law's Hot Sons Star in New Dolce & Gabbana Campaign (From Entertainment Tonight. 5 January 2017, 6:30 PM, PST)
- Daniel Day-Lewis, Pamela Anderson, Cindy Crawford & Jude Law's Super Hot Sons Star in D&G Campaign (From E! Online. 5 January 2017, 12:45 PM, PST)