This week, newspapers reported that Brad and Angelina were planning to buy a private island. It's news to the island's current owners, at least
It is sometimes said that there are only seven showbiz stories, with "X has splashed out on a new X" one of the great ur-myths. Within that category, though, Lost in Showbiz has a special weakness for a notable subgenre: "Celebrity has splashed out on a private island."
All you can be absolutely sure of, whenever you see a variant on that tale, is that the one thing the celebrity has not done is splash out on a private island. To read the headline "Celebrity has splashed out on a private island" is to know that the opposite is axiomatically true.
- Marina Hyde
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Sony Hack Documentary In The Works From The Square Duo (From We Got This Covered. 2 June 2015, 1:35 PM, PDT)
- Sony May Lose Rights To James Bond Franchise After Spectre (From We Got This Covered. 2 June 2015, 12:23 PM, PDT)
- The 17 Best Disaster Movies on Netflix Right Now (From Moviefone. 30 May 2015, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- Could Charlize Theron Lead Captain Marvel For Angelina Jolie? (From We Got This Covered. 2 June 2015, 10:25 AM, PDT)
- Captain Marvel Could Pair Charlize Theron With Angelina Jolie (From Cinema Blend. 1 June 2015, 3:39 PM, PDT)
- Hollywood effects guru Rick Baker is retiring because of CGI (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 29 May 2015, 8:46 AM, PDT)
Tommy Lee (VI)
- Pamela Anderson's Son Brandon Lee Channels Derek Zoolander in Graduation Portrait (From E! Online. 2 June 2015, 2:33 PM, PDT)
- Pamela Anderson ready to play the field after divorce (From National Ledger. 21 May 2015, 3:40 AM, PDT)
- Happy Valley series 2 is going to be very different from the first (From Digital Spy - TV news. 12 May 2015, 8:39 AM, PDT)