This week, newspapers reported that Brad and Angelina were planning to buy a private island. It's news to the island's current owners, at least
It is sometimes said that there are only seven showbiz stories, with "X has splashed out on a new X" one of the great ur-myths. Within that category, though, Lost in Showbiz has a special weakness for a notable subgenre: "Celebrity has splashed out on a private island."
All you can be absolutely sure of, whenever you see a variant on that tale, is that the one thing the celebrity has not done is splash out on a private island. To read the headline "Celebrity has splashed out on a private island" is to know that the opposite is axiomatically true.
- Marina Hyde
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Netflix hopes Brad Pitt’s star power will fuel their “War Machine” (From Hollywoodnews.com. 23 May 2017, 4:09 AM, PDT)
- These Iconic '90s Couples Will Have You Whispering, "Winona Forever" (From Popsugar. 22 May 2017, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- Failure To Launch: ‘War Machine’ Starring Brad Pitt Is A Major Misfire [Review] (From The Playlist. 22 May 2017, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- Dark Universe revealed, Uncharted movie casting, Han Solo set video and more – Daily News Roundup (From Flickeringmyth. 22 May 2017, 11:56 PM, PDT)
- Bride of Frankenstein Is Coming in 2019, Bill Condon Will Direct (From MovieWeb. 22 May 2017, 12:02 PM, PDT)
- Universal’s ‘Bride of Frankenstein’ To Open February 2019 as Part of Studio’s ‘Dark Universe’ (From Variety - Film News. 22 May 2017, 10:28 AM, PDT)
Tommy Lee (VI)
- The Whisky, The Roxy & Rainbow Bar & Grill Owner Mario Maglieri Dead at 94 (Photos & Video) (From TMZ. 4 May 2017, 4:19 PM, PDT)
- 13 Things You Never Knew About the Original It Movie (From BuzzSugar. 2 May 2017, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- What's Going on Between Carmen Electra and Tommy Lee? Exes Reunite at Coachella on Multiple Occasions (From E! Online. 18 April 2017, 1:38 PM, PDT)