This past Sunday, Family Guy in case anyone is still doubting it, Brian Griffin is dead and he’s not coming back. At least if Steve Callaghan has anything to say about it. What began as a “fun way to shake things up” has turned into the latest source of fan backlash on the Internet. Well, you can add this writer to the list of people that think this is one of the stupidest ideas since Cousin Oliver showed up to the Brady’s doorstep.
Killing off Brian is one of those Jump The Shark moments that most TV shows find it hard to recover from. Seeing as Family Guy is already on shaky ground with its continued fanbase, this seems to be the straw that breaks the camel’s back.
Here’s five reasons why this author feels it’s time to put Family Guy itself under the bus, »
- Mike Reyes
Similar News Items"Family Guy" (1999)
- ‘Bob’s Burgers’ and The National Spread Holiday Sadness With Original Song ‘Christmas Magic’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 23 December 2014, 8:54 PM, PST)
- 7 Violent “American Dad!” Christmas Episodes! (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 23 December 2014, 4:35 PM, PST)
- Parents Television Council debate: We ask TV's biggest protest group all our longtime questions (From EW.com - Inside TV. 23 December 2014, 10:55 AM, PST)
- Peter gets 'Taken,' Stewie gets pregnant, and more 'Family Guy' scoop (From EW.com - Inside TV. 26 September 2014, 12:19 PM, PDT)
- 'Sopranos' star Tony Sirico returning to 'Family Guy'-but not as Vinny the dog (From EW.com - Inside TV. 25 September 2014, 12:29 PM, PDT)
- 'Nashville' star Connie Britton to cameo on 'Family Guy' (From EW.com - Inside TV. 8 September 2014, 9:46 AM, PDT)
Brian Griffin (I)
- Christmas Gift Ideas for Our Favorite TV Characters (From Moviefone. 24 December 2014, 3:30 AM, PST)
- Wilfred – Series Finale Interview with David Zuckerman (From Blogomatic3000. 14 August 2014, 1:01 AM, PDT)
- Seth MacFarlane Pledges $1 Million to 'Reading Rainbow' (From Rolling Stone. 27 June 2014, 10:15 AM, PDT)