Walt Disney Studios is marking milestone after milestone.
For the first time in its history, Disney has broken the $4 billion mark at the worldwide box office. It previously reached a record high in mid November when “Thor: The Dark World” hammered past the $3.791 billion set in 2010.
Thanks to “Iron Man 3,” Disney became in July the first studio this year to reach $1 billion in the domestic Bo (for the eight consecutive year). It grossed $2 billion in the worldwide box office, for the fourth year in a row, this August.
“Frozen” opened in theaters nationwide Wednesday and “Saving Mr. Banks” hits select theaters on Dec. 13 (expanding wide a week later) so the studio is sure to hit several more high notes in the new year. Meanwhile, “Thor: The Dark World” has grossed over $559 million in one month.
- Maane Khatchatourian
Similar News ItemsIron Man 3 (2013)
- Bring The Nice Guys Home Next Month on Blu-Ray (From Cinelinx. 21 July 2016, 1:16 PM, PDT)
- Channing Tatum’s all-male ‘Ghostbusters’ film was ‘never real?’ (From Hitfix. 17 July 2016, 1:08 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Predator’: CAA Campaigning for James Franco to Star in Shane Black’s “Inventive Sequel” — Report (From Indiewire. 17 July 2016, 11:02 AM, PDT)
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- Comic-Con 2016: Watch the First Trailer for Kong: Skull Island (From DailyDead. 23 July 2016, 1:11 PM, PDT)
- Sdcc: Watch the extended Suicide Squad trailer from Comic-Con (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2016, 12:57 PM, PDT)
- Empire unveils Suicide Squad subscriber cover featuring Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
Saving Mr. Banks (2013)
- The Founder Is Pushed To Awards Season (From We Got This Covered. 14 July 2016, 11:34 AM, PDT)
- Weinstein Company Flips McDonald’s Drama ‘The Founder’ to Awards Season (From Variety - Film News. 13 July 2016, 12:26 PM, PDT)
- British Movie Moguls Back European Union Membership in Referendum Vote (From Variety - Film News. 21 June 2016, 10:50 AM, PDT)