Warning: This article contains spoilers that some readers may prefer to avoid.
Family Guy surprised its viewers with a shock plot twist as one of its iconic characters was killed off last weekend.
In an episode first aired in the Us on November 24, Brian the talking dog - voiced by creator Seth MacFarlane - met his grisly end after being hit by a car. However, there has been speculation among Family Guy fans that Brian's demise may not be all that it seems.
So, as viewers come to terms with the loss of the loyal and beloved Brian, we attempt to tug on your heartstrings a touch more with 8 of the saddest fictional dog deaths on the big and small screen.
1. Turner & Hooch
We can still taste the endless salty tears that streamed down our face following Hooch's untimely death in the line of duty in Turner & Hooch.
Detective Scott Turner »
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- Venice: ‘Game of Thrones’ Actress, Gabriel Byrne to Star in ‘Book of Vision’ (From Variety - Film News. 30 August 2014, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Game of Links (From FilmExperience. 30 August 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex – Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America 3, Batman v Superman, Arrow, Daredevil, Blade, Kick-Ass 3, The Tick and more (From Flickeringmyth. 30 August 2014, 4:15 AM, PDT)
- 10 best baseball movies of all time: League of Their Own, Moneyball (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 30 August 2014, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- Podcast: Fall Box Office Draft, Reviewing 'Starred Up', Kirk Cameron and Much More (From Rope Of Silicon. 29 August 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- 'Toy Story That Time Forgot' Promo Unleashes the Battlesaurs (From MovieWeb. 28 August 2014, 6:35 PM, PDT)
Will Smith (I)
- Looney Tunes Movie ‘Acme’ Picks Up ‘X-Men: First Class’ Writers (From The Hollywood News. 28 August 2014, 4:15 AM, PDT)
- 'Looney Tunes' Movie 'Acme' Casts Steve Carell (From MovieWeb. 27 August 2014, 1:39 PM, PDT)
- X-men: First Class Writers Board Acme Movie; Crazy Stupid Love Helmers in Talks to Direct (From Collider.com. 27 August 2014, 11:55 AM, PDT)