In François Ozon’s Palme d’Or nominated drama Jeune & Jolie, we focus in on the life of the mysterious teenager Isabelle, who takes up prostitution as a way of discovering the world. It’s a role sparse on dialogue, and it seems that Marine Vacth, the actress portraying her, is equally as elusive a figure, and of few words, as we caught up with her ahead of the film’s release.
Vacth – who is renowned equally for her modelling work, succeeding Kate Moss as the face of Yves Saint Laurent., spoke to us about balancing the two professions, and where she sees her future. She also tells us about her joy in working with celebrated director Ozon, and how she shaped the character of Isabelle, and what she has in common with this intriguing, cinematic creation.
This is a very brave role for you, and I was wondering if »
- Stefan Pape
Similar News ItemsKate Moss (I)
- Friday’s best TV: Stand Up to Cancer; Qi; Pink Floyd Beginnings 1967–1972 (From The Guardian - TV News. 20 October 2016, 10:10 PM, PDT)
- Hailey Baldwin Chimes in on the Whole ‘Are They/Aren’t They’ Supermodel Debate (From PEOPLE.com. 19 October 2016, 7:27 AM, PDT)
- Friends Effing Friends Effing Friends: Woody Allen's Godson Tries to Direct a Comedy (From CultureCatch. 17 October 2016, 8:01 AM, PDT)
- Andrew Haigh Dives Into ‘The North Water’ (From Variety - TV News. 17 October 2016, 8:51 AM, PDT)
- Pierre Etaix obituary (From The Guardian - Film News. 14 October 2016, 10:41 AM, PDT)
- Do the Oscars Have a Problem With Movies About Older Women? (From Scott Feinberg. 12 October 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- François Ozon To Direct ‘Double Lover’ Next (From The Playlist. 17 October 2016, 1:57 PM, PDT)
- Lff: Athina Rachel Tsangari, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Abi Morgan among jurors (From ScreenDaily. 29 September 2016, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- Foreign Oscar Watch: Can "Elle" Slay the Competition? (From FilmExperience. 26 September 2016, 9:45 AM, PDT)