The battle to bring a feature film adaptation of The Stand to theaters continues to rage over at Warner Bros., and the studio recently made it known that they have a director in mind to helm the post-apocalyptic horror-fantasy, based on the novel of the same name by Stephen King. According to Badass Digest, Paul Greengrass, of the Bourne trilogy and this year’s Captain Phillips, is the studio’s first pick to direct the film.
Greengrass is certainly an unconventional choice for such an ambitious, fantastical project – the director is best known for depicting real-life events with a distinctive shaky-cam style. However, he certainly knows how to get audiences’ pulses pounding, so Warner Bros. tapping him to bring searing tension and suspense to The Stand is not an idea without merit.
The magical aspects of King’s novel would certainly constitute a change of pace for Greengrass, though perhaps »
- Isaac Feldberg
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- DC Extended Universe: Did Jason Momoa Tease A Big Announcement From Warner Bros? (From LRM Online. 22 July 2017, 10:14 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. Unleashes New ‘Justice League’ Comic-Con Poster (From The Wrap. 22 July 2017, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- Justice League Ignites Fans With Comic-Con Poster Ahead Of Major Panel (From Cinema Blend. 22 July 2017, 9:48 AM, PDT)
- The Justice League assembles on new poster (From JoBlo. 22 July 2017, 11:07 AM, PDT)
- New poster for the Justice League movie (From Flickeringmyth. 22 July 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Geoff Johns Wants To Create A Batman Universe Within The Dceu (From We Got This Covered. 22 July 2017, 7:52 AM, PDT)
- New Justice League Poster Promotes Teamwork (From We Got This Covered. 22 July 2017, 9:54 AM, PDT)
- When Joss Whedon’s Batgirl Movie Will Start Development (From Cinema Blend. 22 July 2017, 9:33 AM, PDT)
- Geoff Johns says Joss Whedon will start work on Batgirl in 2018 (From Flickeringmyth. 22 July 2017, 8:54 AM, PDT)