Doctor Who's 50th anniversary episode The Day of the Doctor has made more than $10m (£6m) in box office takings in its first three days being aired in cinemas around the world.
Digitally The Day of the Doctor has also raced to the top of episodes purchased on Apple's iTunes in the Us and Amazon's television chart. Based on the first day of sales it is set to be the most downloaded episode of 2013 for the BBC on iTunes.
The BBC launched the The Day of the Doctor in 3D in cinemas in 15 countries from Russia to Ecuador on Saturday, and by the end of the day of Monday fans had forked out $10.2m (£6.25m) to watch it.
In the UK box office revenues from the anniversary edition – which featured three doctors, »
- Mark Sweney
Similar News ItemsSandra Bullock
- Smooth Criminals! Sandra Bullock and Cate Blanchett Spotted on Set of All-Female Reboot Ocean’s Eight (From PEOPLE.com. 24 October 2016, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- Double Threat Zuher Khan - On the Fast Track to Filmmaking and Acting Success (From Screen Anarchy. 20 October 2016, 6:56 AM, PDT)
- A Handy Guide to the Best Halloween Episodes From Your Childhood (From E! Online. 19 October 2016, 3:03 PM, PDT)
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)
- 13 Nights of Halloween: Here's the Full Lineup For Freeform's Annual Marathon! (From BuzzSugar. 20 October 2016, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- TV News Roundup: TruTV Announces ‘Jon Glaser Loves Gear’ Premiere Date, ‘Small Victories’ Cast (From Variety - TV News. 12 September 2016, 1:41 PM, PDT)
- The Hunger Games 4K Uhd Blu-rays Coming November 8th (From TheHDRoom. 2 September 2016, 10:20 AM, PDT)
- Interview: How Jonás Cuarón’s ‘Desierto’ Was Inspired by Steven Spielberg’s ‘Duel’ (From Slash Film. 21 October 2016, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- New ‘Willy Wonka’ Movie in Works, Thanks to Warner Bros. and ‘Harry Potter’ Producer (From Indiewire. 19 October 2016, 1:28 PM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. Gives Go-Ahead On New Willy Wonka Movie, Harry Potter Producer Attached (From We Got This Covered. 19 October 2016, 11:57 AM, PDT)