Doctor Who's 50th anniversary episode The Day of the Doctor has made more than $10m (£6m) in box office takings in its first three days being aired in cinemas around the world.
Digitally The Day of the Doctor has also raced to the top of episodes purchased on Apple's iTunes in the Us and Amazon's television chart. Based on the first day of sales it is set to be the most downloaded episode of 2013 for the BBC on iTunes.
The BBC launched the The Day of the Doctor in 3D in cinemas in 15 countries from Russia to Ecuador on Saturday, and by the end of the day of Monday fans had forked out $10.2m (£6.25m) to watch it.
In the UK box office revenues from the anniversary edition – which featured three doctors, »
- Mark Sweney
Similar News ItemsSandra Bullock
- Why we haven't seen sequels to Paul Feig's hit comedies (From Den of Geek. 26 April 2017, 12:17 PM, PDT)
- How Practical Magic Inspired 1 Woman to Murder Her Husband Irl (From BuzzSugar. 26 April 2017, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Construction CEO Barbara Kavovit Is Tapping the Glass Ceiling with a Hard Hat and Telling her Story in a New Novel (From PEOPLE.com. 26 April 2017, 7:53 AM, PDT)
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)
- Disney Finally Gives Frozen 2 a Release Date (From TVovermind.com. 27 April 2017, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- Busy Shaun Grant preps 'Kelly Gang', See-Saw thriller And a medieval epic (From IF.com.au. 10 April 2017, 4:17 PM, PDT)
- Box Office: ‘Boss Baby’ to Fire ‘Smurfs,’ ‘Beauty and the Beast’ With Second Win (From Variety - Film News. 7 April 2017, 1:03 PM, PDT)
- Mexico’s Nicolas Celis Prepares First TV series, ‘Monstruos Perfectos’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 2 April 2017, 10:24 AM, PDT)
- CinemaCon Buzzmeter: What’s Hot and Cold in Las Vegas (From Variety - Film News. 29 March 2017, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- Paramount Marketing Chief: Jim Gianopulos Appointment ‘Marks a New Moment’ (From Variety - Film News. 28 March 2017, 4:47 PM, PDT)