Lionsgate’s B.O. behemoth, which launched last weekend with the sixth-highest domestic bow ever, at $158 million has grossed $170 million domestically through Monday.
Disney Animation’s 3D tuner “Frozen” has expectations in the $70 million-plus range for five days.
Photos: Box Office: Top 10 Thanksgiving Weekend Openings (5-Day)
While “Catching Fire” and “Frozen” will slug it out at the top, several other films either bow or expand nationwide, including Fox Searchlight’s holiday musical “Black Nativity” and Fox’s family drama “The Book Thief,” which so far has earned $1.4 million in limited release. Both films are expected to gross in the high-single digits through Sunday.
- Andrew Stewart
Similar News ItemsThe Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Veteran Executive Julie Fontaine to Head Netflix Film Publicity (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 19 June 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Rami Malek ('Mr. Robot') (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 19 June 2017, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Rami Malek ('Mr. Robot') (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 19 June 2017, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- The God Of Thunder Reaffirms How Ragnarok Dovetails With The Beginning Of Avengers: Infinity War (From We Got This Covered. 23 July 2017, 4:37 PM, PDT)
- Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War trailer leaks online (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2017, 12:52 PM, PDT)
- Marvel unveils its third Avengers: Infinity War Comic-Con poster (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2017, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- First look at ‘Deadpool v. Old Man Logan #1′ (From Blogomatic3000. 19 July 2017, 5:01 AM, PDT)
- Deadpool vs. Old Man Logan: First Look At The Upcoming Comic! (From LRM Online. 18 July 2017, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- First-look preview of Deadpool vs. Old Man Logan #1 (From Flickeringmyth. 18 July 2017, 7:42 AM, PDT)