Lionsgate’s B.O. behemoth, which launched last weekend with the sixth-highest domestic bow ever, at $158 million has grossed $170 million domestically through Monday.
Disney Animation’s 3D tuner “Frozen” has expectations in the $70 million-plus range for five days.
Photos: Box Office: Top 10 Thanksgiving Weekend Openings (5-Day)
While “Catching Fire” and “Frozen” will slug it out at the top, several other films either bow or expand nationwide, including Fox Searchlight’s holiday musical “Black Nativity” and Fox’s family drama “The Book Thief,” which so far has earned $1.4 million in limited release. Both films are expected to gross in the high-single digits through Sunday.
- Andrew Stewart
Similar News ItemsThe Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Kristen Stewart's impressive 'vampire orgasm' (From National Ledger. 30 July 2015, 2:04 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: 5-Minute Preview Of Carter Burwell's 'Mr. Holmes' Score (From The Playlist. 21 July 2015, 1:11 PM, PDT)
- 'Mr. Holmes' (2015) Movie Review (From Rope Of Silicon. 17 July 2015, 9:34 AM, PDT)
- Hot Toys unveils Hulkbuster collectible figurine from Avengers: Age of Ultron (From Flickeringmyth. 2 August 2015, 7:18 AM, PDT)
- Never let go in new poster for Everest (From Flickeringmyth. 1 August 2015, 3:55 AM, PDT)
- New Trailer for Sicario Thriller, with Emily Blunt and Josh Brolin (From Worst Previews. 29 July 2015, 10:47 PM, PDT)
- Tom Kenny interview: the voice of Spongebob Squarepants (From Den of Geek. 2 August 2015, 2:48 AM, PDT)
- Respect for Tom Cruise (From Flickeringmyth. 1 August 2015, 10:11 AM, PDT)
- Guy Ritchie Weds Jacqui Ainsley -- Check Out the Bride's Dress! (From TooFab. 30 July 2015, 1:45 PM, PDT)