Christian Bale has an intensity that seeps into performances which leave fans awestruck. His passion for his craft, however, does not include self-promotion. With a pair of compelling perfs to tubthump, the excruciatingly private star now has to do his least favorite thing: face the media.
Christian Bale is the reluctant movie star.
Despite being regarded as one of the best actors of his generation, the enigmatic 39-year-old Brit has no interest in fame. His dashing, tall, dark and handsome looks are often concealed by the unattractive physical appearances and appurtenances of the characters he portrays. In an era when many of his contemporaries take to social media to connect with fans, he chooses to fly beneath the radar, straining to keep details of his personal life private and relying strictly on gut rather than a career strategy when picking roles. He is notoriously press shy, which has no doubt »
- Jenelle Riley
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Christopher Nolan Talks 'Interstellar' Spoilers and Ending (From MovieWeb. 21 November 2014, 3:51 PM, PST)
- ‘Mockingjay Part I’ Preys Upon $33M In 2-Day Overseas Debut: Int’l Box Office (From Deadline New York. 21 November 2014, 3:45 PM, PST)
- Mike Nichols Remembered by Angelina Jolie and Bennett Miller During Emotional Conversation (From The Hollywood Reporter. 21 November 2014, 3:09 PM, PST)
- Austin Stowell Joining Steven Spielberg's Untitled Cold War Thriller (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 21 November 2014, 3:45 PM, PST)
- ‘Jurassic World’ Teaser Trailer Is Perfect! (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 21 November 2014, 5:56 AM, PST)
- Brad Pitt nabs rights to new sci-fi thriller, Alpha (From Den of Geek. 20 November 2014, 10:34 PM, PST)
- "Gone Girl's" Rosamund Pike To Receive Major Palm Springs Film Fest Award! (From Manny the Movie Guy. 21 November 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Who Is Your Favorite Guy of 2014? (From Popsugar. 21 November 2014, 3:08 AM, PST)
- Composer Alexandre Desplat Talks The Imitation Game, Coming to the Project Late, Finding Continuity in His Scores, His Love of Conducting, and More (From Collider.com. 20 November 2014, 10:28 PM, PST)