According to Variety, in an effort to fast-track its remake of the 1970s Bill Cosby-Sydney Poitier comedy “Uptown Saturday Night,” Warner Bros. has hired “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” helmer Nicholas Stoller to do a rewrite on the script.
The original came out in 1974 and starred Sydney Poitier and Bill Cosby as two guys who sneak out of their house one night to visit an illegal nightclub. While there their wallets get stolen, one of which contains a winning lottery ticket. Poitier directed it and the two went on to team up in a few more films, all directed by Poitier.
Timothy Dowling wrote the most recent draft.
Sources tell Variety that Stoller plans to a deliver a draft in the next month, »
- Kellvin Chavez
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Kevin Hart Preps Will Ferrell for Prison in ‘Get Hard’ Trailer (Video) (From The Wrap. 20 December 2014, 1:58 PM, PST)
- Box Office: 'The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies' easily takes Friday for no. 1 (From Hitfix. 20 December 2014, 12:03 PM, PST)
- How This Year's Pack of Holiday Openers Impacts the Oscar Race (From Thompson on Hollywood. 20 December 2014, 11:00 AM, PST)
Will Smith (I)
- Watch: Celebrity Stylist Felicia Leatherwood Counsels Naturalistas in New Web Series 'Head Cases' (From ShadowAndAct. 20 December 2014, 4:02 PM, PST)
- Review: Depressing new spin on 'Annie' seems completely embarrassed to be a musical (From Hitfix. 20 December 2014, 1:00 PM, PST)
- Jamie Foxx, Rose Byrne and Quvenzhane Wallis Talk Annie, the Fun Shoot, Collaborating with Will Gluck, Embarrassing Moments on Set, and More (From Collider.com. 20 December 2014, 9:18 AM, PST)
- George Takei petitions against all-white casting choices for Akira adaptation (From Flickeringmyth. 19 December 2014, 4:52 AM, PST)
- The Equalizer Blu-Ray Review (From We Got This Covered. 18 December 2014, 9:57 PM, PST)
- How Racism Is Affecting Denzel Washington's Career, According To Sony Emails (From Cinema Blend. 18 December 2014, 3:18 PM, PST)