I've mentioned this topic in the comments but enough people are interested that I should sound off in a more official capacity. Recently, given that most people know that Jessica Lange plans to depart after Season 4, Ryan Murphy has started dropping casting wishlists for future seasons of American Horror Story. He name-checked both Reese Witherspoon (errr...okay?) and Michelle Pfeiffer (duh!). Pfeiffer is, of course, the most logical choice with which to fill the imposing vacuum that will be Lange's absence as the anthology's resident grande dame guignol. Like Lange, she's a huge respected talent from the 80s (formative years for Murphy) who can really tear it up onscreen but who today's younger TV-watching legions might still feel a certain "discovery" mania about since she hasn't been properly utilized in years.
There's only three problems.
- NATHANIEL R
Similar News ItemsReese Witherspoon
- New look at Joaquin Phoenix in Paul Thomas Anderson’s Inherent Vice (From Flickeringmyth. 21 August 2014, 2:33 PM, PDT)
- Stand Up to Cancer: Want Your Favorite Celeb to Give You a Shout-Out During the Event? Find Out How! (From E! Online. 21 August 2014, 11:44 AM, PDT)
- 'Bill Murray Day' Planned for Toronto International Film Festival (From Rolling Stone. 21 August 2014, 7:12 AM, PDT)
"American Horror Story" (2011)
- New American Horror Story Season 4 First Teaser Clip Released (From OnTheFlix. 21 August 2014, 2:12 PM, PDT)
- American Horror Story: Freak Show - Official Teaser (From GeekTyrant. 21 August 2014, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- 31 American Horror Story Lines You Can Use in Real Life (From BuzzSugar. 21 August 2014, 1:17 PM, PDT)
Ryan Murphy (I)
- Emmy Predictions: Who Will Win Monday Night (From Variety - TV News. 21 August 2014, 2:21 PM, PDT)
- American Horror Story: Freak Show Gets Appropriately Freaky First Teaser (From We Got This Covered. 21 August 2014, 11:25 AM, PDT)
- ‘American Horror Story: Freak Show’ Teaser & Details (From Screen Rant. 21 August 2014, 7:49 AM, PDT)