I've mentioned this topic in the comments but enough people are interested that I should sound off in a more official capacity. Recently, given that most people know that Jessica Lange plans to depart after Season 4, Ryan Murphy has started dropping casting wishlists for future seasons of American Horror Story. He name-checked both Reese Witherspoon (errr...okay?) and Michelle Pfeiffer (duh!). Pfeiffer is, of course, the most logical choice with which to fill the imposing vacuum that will be Lange's absence as the anthology's resident grande dame guignol. Like Lange, she's a huge respected talent from the 80s (formative years for Murphy) who can really tear it up onscreen but who today's younger TV-watching legions might still feel a certain "discovery" mania about since she hasn't been properly utilized in years.
There's only three problems.
- NATHANIEL R
Similar News ItemsReese Witherspoon
- Reese Witherspoon Reveals She Was First Sexually Harassed in Hollywood at Age 16 (From E! Online. 17 October 2017, 4:55 AM, PDT)
- Reese Witherspoon Reveals She Was Sexually Assaulted By Director Aged 16: ‘It Wasn’t An Isolated Incident’ (From ET Canada. 17 October 2017, 3:37 AM, PDT)
- Reese Witherspoon Was Sexually Assaulted By a Director at 16: 'I Wish I Could Tell You That Was an Isolated Incident' (From PEOPLE.com. 17 October 2017, 12:01 AM, PDT)
"American Horror Story" (2011)
- Renée Zellweger, Courteney Cox and Matt Bomer Walk to Defeat Als in Support of Friend Nanci Ryder (From PEOPLE.com. 16 October 2017, 12:53 PM, PDT)
- ‘Black Panther’ – New Trailer and Poster (From Blogomatic3000. 16 October 2017, 7:04 AM, PDT)
- Sarah Paulson, Jacki Weaver, Trevante Rhodes and more join sci-fi Bird Box (From Flickeringmyth. 15 October 2017, 9:00 PM, PDT)
Ryan Murphy (I)
- American Horror Story Hid a Sneaky Cult Easter Egg in Roanoke - Did You Catch It? (From BuzzSugar. 16 October 2017, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘House of Cards’ Reportedly Helped Russian Hackers Influence the Election, Because Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction — Watch (From Indiewire Television. 16 October 2017, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- ‘House of Cards’ Reportedly Helped Russian Hackers Influence the Election, Because Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction — Watch (From Indiewire. 16 October 2017, 11:50 AM, PDT)