How many U.S. viewers tuned in for “Day of the Doctor”?
Enough to break BBC America’s all-time ratings record. A total of 2.4 million viewers watched the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special’s first telecast at 2:50 p.m. Et on Saturday. That total rose to 3.6 million once including the show’s encore. Plus BBC America hosted simulcast screenings in 11 cities. On Twitter, Doctor Who overall generated a total of 1.8 million tweets, beating every show on cable for the week.
The company claims Doctor Who earned a Guinness World Record for the “largest ever simulcast of a TV drama »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsThe Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)
- Movie News: Steve Carell and Emma Stone Will Face Off in 'Battle of the Sexes'; '80s Horror 'The Entity' Gets a Remake (From Movies.com. 21 April 2015, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- 'Battle of the Sexes' Reunites Steve Carell & Emma Stone (From MovieWeb. 20 April 2015, 5:19 PM, PDT)
- Patricia Laucella to head Lionsgate film business & legal (From ScreenDaily. 15 April 2015, 9:21 AM, PDT)
BBC America [us]
- Jonathan Strange promo: "Why is there no more magic done in England?" (From Digital Spy - TV news. 20 April 2015, 10:08 AM, PDT)
- Magic Awaits in this First Look at Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell (From Dread Central. 19 April 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- 66 Ending or Cancelled TV Shows for the 2014-15 Season (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 April 2015, 1:03 AM, PDT)