Last night Family Guy left its audience in a state of shock by killing off the much-loved character Brian Griffin, in what executive producer Steve Callaghan has described as "a fun way to shake things up."
"Well, this was an idea that got pitched in the writers room and it sort of caught fire, and we thought it could be a fun way to shake things up," says Callaghan. "As soon as this idea came up, we started talking about what the next couple episodes could be and we got very excited about the way this change will affect the family dynamics and the characters."
After being hit by a car, Brian - voiced by Family Guy creator Seth McFarlane - said an emotional farewell to the Griffin family, and was quickly replaced by a new dog Vinnie, voiced by Tony Sirico (The Sopranos). If you'd like to watch Brian's death scene, »
- Gary Collinson
Similar News Items"Family Guy" (1999)
- Fox 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 8/30/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 August 2015, 1:49 PM, PDT)
- Family Guy: 10 Best Meg Episodes (From Obsessed with Film. 29 August 2015, 2:26 PM, PDT)
- 'Blunt Talk' Creator Talks 'Remarkable' Patrick Stewart and Making Cable News Funny (From Moviefone. 22 August 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)
"The Sopranos" (1999)
- Scorsese (Costly) Short Featuring the Director, DiCaprio, and De Niro Has Been Pulled from Venice Festival (From Alt Film Guide. 29 August 2015, 6:29 PM, PDT)
- Sutton Foster Books Guest Gig on Amazon Dark Comedy Mad Dogs (From TVLine.com. 28 August 2015, 8:46 AM, PDT)
- Elisabeth Moss on Cracking Up, Sexism and the Peggy Strut (From Rolling Stone. 28 August 2015, 7:35 AM, PDT)
Tony Sirico (I)
- 'Nobody Knows Anything' as 'The Sopranos' season 1 heads into great home stretch (From Hitfix. 19 August 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Tony Sirico Joins Woody Allen’s Latest; Meagen Fay Tunes Up For ‘La La Land’ (From Deadline. 10 August 2015, 12:18 PM, PDT)
- The first 'Sopranos' episode to address the show's critics, before they even saw it (From Hitfix. 22 July 2015, 9:42 AM, PDT)