While we await any official confirmation on Star Wars: Episode VII casting, a new report reveals producers are now seeking an actor in his 40s to play a military officer, a role which has been compared to Matt Damon's character in Elysium. This new character was added during the well-publicized rewrite of the screenplay by J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan.
It's possible that this is the role Jason Flemyng was reading for, after the 47-year-old British actor confirmed his audition for the sequel last week.
The production, which is holding casting sessions in the U.S., U.K. and Australia, is also seeking female actors between 17 and 18 years of age to play a "tough cookie" character named Stacy, and male actors between 19 and 23 to play the funny and charismatic Thomas. Its highly unlikely that these are the actual names of the new characters.
Here's what U.K. casting agent »
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- Daisy Ridley Says J.J. Abrams Called Her Acting ‘Wooden’ on the Force Awakens Set (From Vulture. 29 November 2015, 5:49 PM, PST)
- Watch: New TV Spot & Rey Promo For 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens,' J.J. Abrams Talks "Aggressive" Lightsaber Battles (From The Playlist. 29 November 2015, 9:40 AM, PST)
- The Week in Movies – first Captain America: Civil War trailer, Major Star Wars: Episode VIII spoiler, Batman v Superman details revealed? and much more… (From Flickeringmyth. 29 November 2015, 8:09 AM, PST)
- ‘The Martian’ Soars to $50.1 Million Opening in China (From Variety - Film News. 29 November 2015, 10:12 AM, PST)
- ‘The Martian’ Rockets to $50 Million in China, Tops $500 Million Globally (From The Wrap. 29 November 2015, 9:42 AM, PST)
- Box Office: 'The Martian' Opens to $50.1M in China, Crosses $500M Globally (From The Hollywood Reporter. 29 November 2015, 9:00 AM, PST)
Harrison Ford (I)
- Is This Our First Look At Simon Pegg’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens Character? (From We Got This Covered. 29 November 2015, 4:47 PM, PST)
- ‘Creed,’ ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ and the Rise of the Nostalgia Sequel (From Variety - Film News. 29 November 2015, 2:15 PM, PST)
- John Ostrander: Idle Speculation in a Galaxy Far, Far Away (From Comicmix. 29 November 2015, 5:00 AM, PST)