While we await any official confirmation on Star Wars: Episode VII casting, a new report reveals producers are now seeking an actor in his 40s to play a military officer, a role which has been compared to Matt Damon's character in Elysium. This new character was added during the well-publicized rewrite of the screenplay by J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan.
It's possible that this is the role Jason Flemyng was reading for, after the 47-year-old British actor confirmed his audition for the sequel last week.
The production, which is holding casting sessions in the U.S., U.K. and Australia, is also seeking female actors between 17 and 18 years of age to play a "tough cookie" character named Stacy, and male actors between 19 and 23 to play the funny and charismatic Thomas. Its highly unlikely that these are the actual names of the new characters.
Here's what U.K. casting agent »
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- Entire Star Wars Saga Gets Amazing Fan-Made Trailer (From TVovermind.com. 22 January 2017, 5:04 AM, PST)
- Does Interesting Casting Happen Anymore? (From Flickeringmyth. 22 January 2017, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Arrow releasing Phantasm Limited Edition Collection on Blu-ray (From Flickeringmyth. 20 January 2017, 8:14 AM, PST)
- Warner Bros.’ ‘King Arthur’ Movie Gets First Snapchat-Sponsored Puzzle-Game Lens (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 20 January 2017, 11:52 AM, PST)
- Megan Mullally Says Madonna Didn't Know the 'Will & Grace' Casts' Names: 'Why Should She, Who Cares?' (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 January 2017, 1:32 AM, PST)
- The Martian writer announces Nasa TV drama (From Den of Geek. 20 January 2017, 12:15 AM, PST)
Harrison Ford (I)
- Sundance Film Review: ‘The Yellow Birds’ (From Variety - Film News. 21 January 2017, 6:01 PM, PST)
- Blade Runner 2 Was More Secretive Than Walking Dead Says Lennie James (From MovieWeb. 20 January 2017, 12:16 PM, PST)
- Updated: Hot Rumor: Warner Bros. Prepping To Go All The Force Awakens With Harry Potter? (From LRM Online. 20 January 2017, 10:13 AM, PST)