While we await any official confirmation on Star Wars: Episode VII casting, a new report reveals producers are now seeking an actor in his 40s to play a military officer, a role which has been compared to Matt Damon's character in Elysium. This new character was added during the well-publicized rewrite of the screenplay by J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan.
It's possible that this is the role Jason Flemyng was reading for, after the 47-year-old British actor confirmed his audition for the sequel last week.
The production, which is holding casting sessions in the U.S., U.K. and Australia, is also seeking female actors between 17 and 18 years of age to play a "tough cookie" character named Stacy, and male actors between 19 and 23 to play the funny and charismatic Thomas. Its highly unlikely that these are the actual names of the new characters.
Here's what U.K. casting agent »
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- Duncan Jones Says He Won't Direct Star Trek 3 (From ComicBookMovie. 18 December 2014, 8:31 AM, PST)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Possible Details on Captain Phasma (From GeekTyrant. 18 December 2014, 8:22 AM, PST)
- Christina Hendricks Joins Showtime’s Roadies With Luke Wilson (From ShockYa. 18 December 2014, 8:19 AM, PST)
- Interstellar becomes fourth movie to earn $100 million from IMAX (From Flickeringmyth. 16 December 2014, 7:39 AM, PST)
- The 6 Biggest Celebrity Weddings of 2014: Kimye, Brangelina & More! (From Entertainment Tonight. 15 December 2014, 4:35 PM, PST)
- Chris Hemsworth "Had No Empathy" for Liam's Bad Relationships -- Is He Dissing Miley?! (From TooFab. 15 December 2014, 1:30 PM, PST)
Harrison Ford (I)
- 20 Most Viewed Movie Trailers of 2014 (From MovieWeb. 18 December 2014, 6:18 AM, PST)
- Andy Serkis Reveals 10 Things About 'Star Wars 7' (From MovieWeb. 17 December 2014, 1:53 PM, PST)
- Peter Debruge’s Top 10 Films of 2014 (From Variety - Film News. 17 December 2014, 1:26 PM, PST)