While we await any official confirmation on Star Wars: Episode VII casting, a new report reveals producers are now seeking an actor in his 40s to play a military officer, a role which has been compared to Matt Damon's character in Elysium. This new character was added during the well-publicized rewrite of the screenplay by J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan.
It's possible that this is the role Jason Flemyng was reading for, after the 47-year-old British actor confirmed his audition for the sequel last week.
The production, which is holding casting sessions in the U.S., U.K. and Australia, is also seeking female actors between 17 and 18 years of age to play a "tough cookie" character named Stacy, and male actors between 19 and 23 to play the funny and charismatic Thomas. Its highly unlikely that these are the actual names of the new characters.
Here's what U.K. casting agent »
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- Why Gwendoline Christie Could Be Very Important To The Future Of Star Wars (From Cinema Blend. 1 April 2015, 5:09 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Second Trailer Will Debut Alongside Avengers: Age Of Ultron (From We Got This Covered. 1 April 2015, 8:16 AM, PDT)
- 10 Ways New Star Trek TV Series Could Go (From Obsessed with Film. 31 March 2015, 10:52 AM, PDT)
- American Idol Recap: I Don't Think You're Ready for This Kelly (From TVLine.com. 1 April 2015, 7:22 PM, PDT)
- Hugh Jackman Is Going To Play Jesus' Biggest Fan (From Cinema Blend. 1 April 2015, 7:05 PM, PDT)
- Hugh Jackman Set to Get Holy as 'Apostle Paul' for Affleck & Damon (From FirstShowing.net. 1 April 2015, 4:46 PM, PDT)
Harrison Ford (I)
- 'Star Wars 7' Rumor Breaks Down the 4 Main Villains (From MovieWeb. 1 April 2015, 9:05 PM, PDT)
- Harrison Ford ‘Recovering Remarkably’ After Plane Crash, Says Producer (From Variety - Film News. 1 April 2015, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars Celebration fan event confirmed for London (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 1 April 2015, 5:27 AM, PDT)