While we await any official confirmation on Star Wars: Episode VII casting, a new report reveals producers are now seeking an actor in his 40s to play a military officer, a role which has been compared to Matt Damon's character in Elysium. This new character was added during the well-publicized rewrite of the screenplay by J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan.
It's possible that this is the role Jason Flemyng was reading for, after the 47-year-old British actor confirmed his audition for the sequel last week.
The production, which is holding casting sessions in the U.S., U.K. and Australia, is also seeking female actors between 17 and 18 years of age to play a "tough cookie" character named Stacy, and male actors between 19 and 23 to play the funny and charismatic Thomas. Its highly unlikely that these are the actual names of the new characters.
Here's what U.K. casting agent »
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- ‘Westworld’ Adds Two New Cast Members to Season 2 (From Variety - TV News. 21 July 2017, 1:11 PM, PDT)
- Paramount Pushes ‘Cloverfield Movie’ Back to 2018 (From Variety - Film News. 21 July 2017, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- Rian Johnson compares Star Wars: The Last Jedi to the Original Trilogy (From Flickeringmyth. 19 July 2017, 10:35 AM, PDT)
- George Clooney's 'Suburbicon' Release Date Moved Up (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 21 July 2017, 9:12 AM, PDT)
- Venice: New Films by George Clooney, Guillermo Del Toro, Stephen Frears Expected to World Premiere (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 21 July 2017, 6:05 AM, PDT)
- Dark Tower Director to Helm Matt Damon’s Robert F. Kennedy Biopic (From Screen Rant. 20 July 2017, 12:50 PM, PDT)
Harrison Ford (I)
- Blade Runner 2049 cast & crew take the stage (Sdcc 2017) (From JoBlo. 22 July 2017, 1:24 PM, PDT)
- Harrison Ford Admits Plan to Reboot All His Hit Movies: ‘You Bet Your Ass!’ (From The Wrap. 22 July 2017, 1:20 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con: Ben Affleck evasive about Batman future (From ScreenDaily. 22 July 2017, 12:33 PM, PDT)