While we await any official confirmation on Star Wars: Episode VII casting, a new report reveals producers are now seeking an actor in his 40s to play a military officer, a role which has been compared to Matt Damon's character in Elysium. This new character was added during the well-publicized rewrite of the screenplay by J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan.
It's possible that this is the role Jason Flemyng was reading for, after the 47-year-old British actor confirmed his audition for the sequel last week.
The production, which is holding casting sessions in the U.S., U.K. and Australia, is also seeking female actors between 17 and 18 years of age to play a "tough cookie" character named Stacy, and male actors between 19 and 23 to play the funny and charismatic Thomas. Its highly unlikely that these are the actual names of the new characters.
Here's what U.K. casting agent »
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- 'Star Wars 7' Has Few Shots That Are Completely CGI (From MovieWeb. 29 July 2015, 3:21 PM, PDT)
- Tom Cruise Announces Plans for ‘Mission: Impossible 6’ (From Variety - Film News. 29 July 2015, 2:29 PM, PDT)
- Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation Movie Review (From ShockYa. 29 July 2015, 10:09 AM, PDT)
- Get your ass to Mars with Matt Damon in these new Martian images (From JoBlo. 29 July 2015, 9:23 AM, PDT)
- Two new images from Ridley Scott’s The Martian (From Flickeringmyth. 29 July 2015, 7:17 AM, PDT)
- Tommy Lee Jones will scowl at Matt Damon in the new Bourne movie (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 29 July 2015, 3:34 AM, PDT)
Harrison Ford (I)
- Tommy Lee Jones Is Joining The Bourne Franchise, Get The Details (From Cinema Blend. 28 July 2015, 12:53 PM, PDT)
- You'll be surprised at just how much Star Wars has changed over the years (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 July 2015, 8:31 AM, PDT)
- Simon Pegg Could Not Keep His Cool Around Carrie Fisher on the Star Wars Set (From BuzzSugar. 27 July 2015, 11:50 AM, PDT)