Over on BBC One on Saturday night, the broadcaster was marking the 50th anniversary of a much-loved show. A cameo from Tom Baker, great actors, a glimpse into the future, plenty of touching nods to the past; It was a wonderful celebration of a fantastic British institution.
On ITV, Chico was jumping all over Caroline Flack in a warehouse.
Yes, this was the 10th Anniversary X Factor special. A randomly picked date, which happened to coincide with the events happening on BBC One. ITV did their best to trump the Doctor Who party and when it came to frightening performances that had you jumping behind the sofa in horror, X Factor was without question the clear victor.
Who needs Zygons and Daleks when you've got Louis Walsh?
The 10th Anniversary theme meant that we had lots of old X Factor 'favourites' returning as guest mentors, hits from former acts and »
Similar News Items"The X Factor" (2011)
- Demi's Song Of The 'Summer' (From Access Hollywood. 1 July 2015, 11:24 AM, PDT)
- Mel C is up for joining The Voice UK: 'X Factor has had its day' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 1 July 2015, 2:55 AM, PDT)
- Cher Lloyd: 'Cheryl is Simon Cowell's golden girl - she won't let Rita Ora get close' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 30 June 2015, 6:16 AM, PDT)
- Ronda Rousey Stuns in Skin-Tight Bandage Dress—and Nicole Scherzinger Wears It One Day Later! (From E! Online. 2 July 2015, 3:06 PM, PDT)
- NBC Renews 'I Can Do That!' for Second Season (From The Hollywood Reporter. 2 July 2015, 8:07 AM, PDT)
- ‘I Can Do That’ Renewed For Second Season By NBC (From Deadline TV. 2 July 2015, 7:48 AM, PDT)
"Doctor Who" (1963)
- New John Connor character profile for Terminator Genisys (From Flickeringmyth. 2 July 2015, 10:04 AM, PDT)
- UK TV drama budgets 'slashed by 44% in six years' (From The Guardian - TV News. 2 July 2015, 5:05 AM, PDT)
- This September: A Day In The Life of Sophie Aldred (From Kasterborous. 2 July 2015, 2:20 AM, PDT)