The Grandmaster wins six awards in Taipei.Scroll down for full list of winners
Celebrating the 50th Taipei Golden Horse Awards, the Chinese-speaking film industry was out in full force Saturday night (Nov 23) at the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall in Taipei.
“Singapore is a very little country and we did this on a very little budget and never had we thought of winning Best Feature Film,” said Chen, who thanked jury president Ang Lee and the other nominees in the category, whose works he said he had all studied in film school.
About a Singaporean family and their newly arrived Filipino maid around the time of the Asian Financial Crisis, Ilo Ilo also won Best Original Screenplay, Best New Director, and Best Supporting Actress for Yeo Yann-Yann.
Yeo, who played a beleaguered working mother, thanked the director »
- email@example.com (Jean Noh)
Similar News ItemsJackie Chan (I)
- Emir Kusturica to head Shanghai fest jury (From ScreenDaily. 14 February 2016, 2:00 AM, PST)
- Saban Films swoops on 'Skiptrace' (From ScreenDaily. 12 February 2016, 2:34 AM, PST)
- Efm: VOD players creating "nightmare" for market (From ScreenDaily. 11 February 2016, 9:00 PM, PST)
- 'A Few Less Men' rolls into Berlin (From ScreenDaily. 13 February 2016, 9:00 PM, PST)
- Filming wraps on the largest ever Chinese-Australian co-pro starring Li Bingbing (From IF.com.au. 11 February 2016, 7:05 PM, PST)
- Stef Dawson, Wu Zun, Shane Jacobson join 'Nest' (From ScreenDaily. 11 February 2016, 2:19 AM, PST)
- Berlin: Fortissimo Boards Mark Cousins’ ‘Stockholm My Love’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 10 February 2016, 7:00 PM, PST)
- Watch a Video Essay on Dance In the Films of Wong Kar-wai (From The Film Stage. 10 February 2016, 11:59 AM, PST)
- Elle Driver takes Rossi’s 'The First Monday In May' (From ScreenDaily. 10 February 2016, 8:36 AM, PST)