Los Angeles, Nov 25: Actor Colin Firth says he always tries to impress his parents by opting for good roles.
The 53-year-old has played a wide range of characters like Britain's King George VI in "The Kings Speech" to a heartbroken writer in "Love Actually". He admits his parents aren't always supportive of his career, reports contactmusic.com.
"I've tried to impress them with distinguished roles where you don't feel apologetic about your chosen profession," said Firth.
"Playing a king is much better than when I'm prancing around in 'Mamma Mia'," he added.
- Amith Ostwal
Similar News ItemsColin Firth
- Could 'Paddington' turn into a surprise family flick hit? (From Hitfix. 21 November 2014, 8:08 PM, PST)
- Matthew Vaughn reveals what lured him away from X-Men (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 21 November 2014, 5:23 AM, PST)
- Film Review: ‘Paddington’ (From Variety - Film News. 19 November 2014, 11:27 AM, PST)
Love Actually (2003)
- What to Watch During Holiday Travel: Your Go-To Guide (From Moviefone. 21 November 2014, 6:31 AM, PST)
- Emma Thompson to be Feted at British Independent Film Awards (From Variety - Film News. 19 November 2014, 3:20 AM, PST)
- Emma Thompson to receive Bifa honour (From ScreenDaily. 19 November 2014, 3:16 AM, PST)
King George VI
- Working Title, Weinstein, BBC Projects Join Brit List of Stellar Scripts (From Variety - Film News. 22 November 2014, 7:10 AM, PST)
- Brit List topped by Matinee Idol, Gateway 6 (From ScreenDaily. 20 November 2014, 3:54 AM, PST)
- Billion Dollar Composer: Alexandre Desplat Has Ears of World’s Top Auteurs (From Variety - Film News. 5 November 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)