The Grandmaster wins six awards in Taipei.
Celebrating the 50th Taipei Golden Horse Awards, the Chinese-speaking film industry was out in full force Saturday night (Nov 23) at the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall in Taipei.
“Singapore is a very little country and we did this on a very little budget and never had we thought of winning Best Feature Film,” said Chen, who thanked jury president Ang Lee and the other nominees in the category, whose works he said he had all studied in film school.
About a Singaporean family and their newly arrived Filipino maid around the time of the Asian Financial Crisis, Ilo Ilo also won Best Original Screenplay, Best New Director, and Best Supporting Actress for Yeo Yann-Yann.
Yeo, who played a beleaguered working mother, thanked the director who is said to have altered the story to reflect her actual »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Jean Noh)
Similar News ItemsJackie Chan (I)
- The Ultimate Movie Binge: Jawbreaker! (From Cinelinx. 23 November 2014, 2:59 PM, PST)
- ‘Enter the Dragon’ – A Cultural Education (From SoundOnSight. 22 November 2014, 3:06 PM, PST)
- Jackie Chan’s ‘Dragon Blade’ Set For IMAX Chinese New Year Outing (From Variety - Film News. 21 November 2014, 5:32 AM, PST)
- ‘Transformers: Age of Extinction’ Blu-ray Review (From Blogomatic3000. 10 November 2014, 7:48 AM, PST)
- Honest Trailer Takes on Michael Bay’s Transformers: Age of Extinction (From Beyond Hollywood. 7 October 2014, 10:48 AM, PDT)
- Als Ice Bucket Challenge Has Gone Global & Retro Cinematic (From FilmExperience. 22 August 2014, 7:40 AM, PDT)
Kar Wai Wong
- UK movie releases: December 2014 (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 25 November 2014, 1:48 AM, PST)
- Obsessed with Pop Culture: Best of the Week (From SoundOnSight. 22 November 2014, 3:44 PM, PST)
- Wong Kar-Wai’s Portrayal of Human Desire in “In the Mood For Love” (From SoundOnSight. 18 November 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)