U2 has released a lyrics video for their new song, "Ordinary Love." The track, which appears on the soundtrack to "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom," is the band's first new song in over three years.
The band, who consider themselves friends of Nelson Mandela, agreed to write a song for the movie after being asked by Harvey Weinstein if they would be involved. A snippet of the track first appeared in the trailer for the film, which stars Idris Elba as Mandela.
In the video a painting of Mandela is created, paying further tribute to the former South African president. Keep your eyes peeled for a Bono cameo in there as well. »
Similar News ItemsIdris Elba
- Stx, Vol. 2: Faith That ‘Molly’s Game,’ ‘Valerian,’ and Filmmakers’ Visions Will Build A Major Studio (From Indiewire. 28 March 2017, 3:10 PM, PDT)
- CinemaCon: Stx plots Eddie Murphy, Elton John animations (From ScreenDaily. 28 March 2017, 1:56 PM, PDT)
- CinemaCon: Stx unveils Eddie Murphy, Elton John animation projects (From ScreenDaily. 28 March 2017, 1:56 PM, PDT)
- Elle Fanning Animated Movie 'Leap!' Shifts Release Date (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 28 March 2017, 3:31 PM, PDT)
- James Gray Reveals Harvey Weinstein’s Proposed Crowd-Pleasing Ending for ‘The Immigrant’ (From The Film Stage. 27 March 2017, 12:39 PM, PDT)
- James Gray Explains How Harvey Weinstein Wanted To Change The Ending Of ‘The Immigrant’ (From The Playlist. 25 March 2017, 10:50 AM, PDT)
- Sip Your Way Around the World With These City-Themed Starbucks Mugs (From PEOPLE.com. 21 March 2017, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Cmg line-up animates a flurry of deals (From ScreenDaily. 5 March 2017, 8:30 PM, PST)
- ‘The Mandela Effect’ Set for Big Screen Treatment, David Guy Levy Tapped to Direct Psychological Sci-Fi Thriller — Exclusive (From Indiewire. 16 February 2017, 11:27 AM, PST)