Goa, India – The Indian version of “24” has been greenlighted for a second series, despite only modest ratings performances by the series one reformat.
The show modeled on the Fox original series, debuted on Colors, the Indian general entertainment channel promoted by Viacom 18, on Oct. 4 and is now in its seventh week. The show is produced and stars Anil Kapoor (“Slumdog Millionaire”) in the Jack Bauer role originally made famous by Kiefer Sutherland.
“We are committed to season 2,” Raj Nayak, CEO of Colors, told Variety. “And we are confident that the second season will rate better than the first.”
Season one debuted to 3.2 million viewers, behind established shows on rival networks, and behind Colors’ own comedy show. Nayak says that ratings for “24” are now picking up on a week-by-week basis and that the series has scored strongly with viewers in major metropolises.
- Patrick Frater
Similar News ItemsSlumdog Millionaire (2008)
- Film Review: ‘A Few Cubic Meters of Love’ (From Variety - Film News. 28 October 2014, 9:12 AM, PDT)
- Ewan McGregor Says Trainspotting Sequel to Shoot in 2016 (From Worst Previews. 28 October 2014, 4:22 AM, PDT)
- Stephen Daldry’s ‘Trash’ Bags Top Rome Fest Nod (From Variety - Film News. 25 October 2014, 2:51 PM, PDT)
- Review: 24 Live Another Day (Blu-ray) (From Shadowlocked. 22 October 2014, 9:19 AM, PDT)
- The Past, Present, and Future of Real-Time Films Part Four (From SoundOnSight. 17 October 2014, 8:01 PM, PDT)
- Criterion Collection: The Vanishing | Blu-ray Review (From ioncinema. 14 October 2014, 10:35 AM, PDT)
Anil Kapoor (IV)
- Welcome Back postponed to February 2015 (From BollywoodHungama. 20 October 2014, 11:25 AM, PDT)
- Anushka Sharma to do her first item number in Dil Dhadakne Do (From BollywoodHungama. 20 October 2014, 4:07 AM, PDT)
- In Celebration of Shiamak in the Movies! (From Bollyspice. 18 October 2014, 10:55 PM, PDT)