Variety’s awards editor Tim Gray has been regularly offering a rundown of the warming trends and cold fronts in our weekly “Temperature Gauge,” in addition to projections in eight major awards categories. The fortunes have risen and fallen, but with Oscar ballots due Feb. 25, the race is in its last lap.
What’s New This Week?
With Oscars looming on March 2, several races are taking shape, including two of the most interesting categories this year: screenplay.
Rising: John Ridley and “12 Years a Slave” won the USC Scripter award for adaptation, which has predicted Oscar in five of the last six years.
Here’s Variety‘s list of possible Oscar nominations, with the frontrunners listed first. »
- Tim Gray
Similar News ItemsLeonardo DiCaprio
- Neeraj Pandey & Akshay Kumar the new Scorsese-dicaprio! (From Bollyspice. 28 November 2014, 2:04 AM, PST)
- Michael Fassbender to play Steve Jobs in the Universal film, Natalie Portman also in talks (From Flickeringmyth. 26 November 2014, 10:10 AM, PST)
- Natalie Portman in Talks to Join Steve Jobs Biopic (From Collider.com. 26 November 2014, 9:40 AM, PST)
- Who Is Your Favorite Guy of 2014? (From Popsugar. 28 November 2014, 6:41 AM, PST)
- What Movie Have You Watched the Most? The Hitfix Staff Answers (From Hitfix. 27 November 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Ellen DeGeneres Becomes Anastasia Steele in This 50 Shades of Grey Movie Parody (From TVovermind.com. 26 November 2014, 1:01 PM, PST)
- Go Caroling Minion-Style with a New Minions Holiday Promo Video (From Collider.com. 27 November 2014, 12:42 PM, PST)
- 'Despicable Me' Minions Go Caroling in Holiday Greetings Video (From MovieWeb. 27 November 2014, 7:05 AM, PST)
- Visionary: Richard Linklater to Receive Big Palm Springs International Film Festival Award (From Manny the Movie Guy. 26 November 2014, 9:16 AM, PST)