Zap2it: On Saturday, Nov. 23, BBC America (and the BBC in the U.K.) air the 50th anniversary special of "Doctor Who," called "The Day of the Doctor." It represents one of your last appearances as the 11th incarnation of the time-traveling alien (the last being the upcoming Christmas special). Do you have regrets?
Matt Smith: About leaving? Not regrets, but it's not easy. It's a hard decision. I have great friends on the show; it's a wonderful character; it's thrilling to make; it's changed my life. Of course, it's not an easy thing to leave. And, it's really successful. It's nice to be in something that's really successful. It won't always be the case. It's hard, but it's perhaps the right time for me and the show, I think.
Zap2it: Is the way the 11th Doctor is now similar to how you envisioned him at the beginning? »
Similar News Items"Doctor Who" (2005)
- How David Tennant Escaped Typecasting, From ‘Doctor Who’ to ‘DuckTales’ (From Indiewire. 15 August 2017, 1:17 PM, PDT)
- Matt Smith Begged BBC Bosses To Tell Him Who The Next Doctor Was (And It Worked) (From We Got This Covered. 15 August 2017, 10:08 AM, PDT)
- David Tennant and Michael Sheen Join Gaiman and Pratchett Good Omens Adaptation (From Dread Central. 15 August 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
BBC America [us]
- Orphan Black: Season Five Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 15 August 2017, 11:47 AM, PDT)
- Why The “Orphan Black” Finale Worked So Well (From TVovermind.com. 13 August 2017, 8:30 PM, PDT)
- ‘Orphan Black’ Review: Series Finale ‘Rights the Wrongs’ of an Uneven But Ultimately Satisfying Season (From Indiewire. 12 August 2017, 8:18 PM, PDT)
Matt Smith (XI)
- The Crown: Six Seasons of the Netflix Drama? The Series Creator Says... (From TVSeriesFinale. 15 August 2017, 7:42 PM, PDT)
- Steven Moffat Says Doctor Who Is A Role For Life (From We Got This Covered. 15 August 2017, 4:16 PM, PDT)
- How David Tennant Escaped Typecasting, From ‘Doctor Who’ to ‘DuckTales’ (From Indiewire Television. 15 August 2017, 1:17 PM, PDT)