Zap2it: On Saturday, Nov. 23, BBC America (and the BBC in the U.K.) air the 50th anniversary special of "Doctor Who," called "The Day of the Doctor." It represents one of your last appearances as the 11th incarnation of the time-traveling alien (the last being the upcoming Christmas special). Do you have regrets?
Matt Smith: About leaving? Not regrets, but it's not easy. It's a hard decision. I have great friends on the show; it's a wonderful character; it's thrilling to make; it's changed my life. Of course, it's not an easy thing to leave. And, it's really successful. It's nice to be in something that's really successful. It won't always be the case. It's hard, but it's perhaps the right time for me and the show, I think.
Zap2it: Is the way the 11th Doctor is now similar to how you envisioned him at the beginning? »
Similar News Items"Doctor Who" (2005)
- ‘Doctor Who: The 12th Doctor #8 – The Fractures Pt. 3′ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 30 June 2015, 10:33 AM, PDT)
- Amazon Lands Exclusive Rights to ‘Wolf Hall,’ Other PBS ‘Masterpiece’ Series (From Variety - TV News. 30 June 2015, 6:04 AM, PDT)
- Twelfth Doctor Sonic Screwdriver Replica Remote Available at Comic-Con (From Kasterborous. 30 June 2015, 5:20 AM, PDT)
Matt Smith (XI)
- Director Alan Taylor discusses Terminator Genisys’ spoilery marketing campaign, says experience on Thor: The Dark World was “wrenching” (From Flickeringmyth. 30 June 2015, 2:31 PM, PDT)
- Interview: The stars of Terminator Genisys talk flying buses and unexpected emotion (From Cineplex. 30 June 2015, 11:41 AM, PDT)
- Review: 'Terminator: Genisys' squeezes the last bit of life from the franchise (From Hitfix. 30 June 2015, 11:15 AM, PDT)
BBC America [us]
- 'Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell': The Summer's Best New Show (From Thompson on Hollywood. 30 June 2015, 10:51 AM, PDT)
- Doctor Who fans can finally get their hands on Peter Capaldi's sonic screwdriver (From Digital Spy - TV news. 29 June 2015, 10:12 AM, PDT)
- Comic Con 2015 Friday Schedule (From MovieWeb. 26 June 2015, 3:19 PM, PDT)