Zap2it: On Saturday, Nov. 23, BBC America (and the BBC in the U.K.) air the 50th anniversary special of "Doctor Who," called "The Day of the Doctor." It represents one of your last appearances as the 11th incarnation of the time-traveling alien (the last being the upcoming Christmas special). Do you have regrets?
Matt Smith: About leaving? Not regrets, but it's not easy. It's a hard decision. I have great friends on the show; it's a wonderful character; it's thrilling to make; it's changed my life. Of course, it's not an easy thing to leave. And, it's really successful. It's nice to be in something that's really successful. It won't always be the case. It's hard, but it's perhaps the right time for me and the show, I think.
Zap2it: Is the way the 11th Doctor is now similar to how you envisioned him at the beginning? »
Similar News Items"Doctor Who" (2005)
- Tales of Halloween, Karen Gillan Join Etheria Film Night (From shocktillyoudrop. 2 June 2015, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- Should Steven Moffat Have Reversed the Outcome of the Time War? (From Kasterborous. 2 June 2015, 12:43 PM, PDT)
- There's a new Doctor Who game on the blocks with Lego Dimensions (From Digital Spy - TV news. 2 June 2015, 9:10 AM, PDT)
Matt Smith (XI)
- Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them Officially Casts Eddie Redmayne To Star (From Cinema Blend. 1 June 2015, 5:52 PM, PDT)
- Watch the first two clips from Terminator Genisys (From Flickeringmyth. 1 June 2015, 11:39 AM, PDT)
- Kyle Reese Takes on a T-1000 in New Terminator: Genisys Clip (From Collider.com. 1 June 2015, 9:54 AM, PDT)
BBC America [us]
- 'Orphan Black' Episode 3.8 Photos: Things Get Complicated in Alison and Cosima's Lives (From BuddyTV. 1 June 2015, 3:27 PM, PDT)
- Review: ABC's 'The Whispers' offers creepy kids and little more (From Hitfix. 1 June 2015, 1:25 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2015: Scream Queens, Sleepy Hollow, Horror Story and Minority Report Among First Announced Panels (From TVLine.com. 1 June 2015, 10:29 AM, PDT)