Oliver Davis counts down the best ever casino films...
5. Ocean’s Eleven
It’s got more stars than a sky-gazing evening with Brian Cox, Ocean’s Eleven was a dream team-up movie with as-yet-unmatched ‘name’ power.
George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Julia Roberts…even Bernie Mac, the 2001 remake even surpassed Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr.’s original. Flashy, Soderbergh-slick and with a twisting Las Vegas casino heist climax, Ocean’s Eleven was successful enough to spawn two sequels…which makes the current Ocean’s count around 36.
At the Casino Royale, James Bond (Daniel Craig) is up against Le Chiffre (Mads Mikkelsen) in a high-stakes game of poker. It’s so tense, the bad guy cries blood. Which is how all villains should weep.
The casino setting is a Bond movie staple, so it’s a smart convention to embrace for Craig’s first outing as the character. »
- Gary Collinson
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Jamie Foxx May Play Mike Tyson, Leonardo DiCaprio Applauds Orlando Bloom + More in Today’s Last Lap (From VH1.com. 31 July 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She and Brad Pitt Write Love Letters to One Another, Says It's "Quite Romantic" (From E! Online. 31 July 2014, 9:41 AM, PDT)
- Kate Hudson: Heath Ledger Was My Favorite Onscreen Kiss (From Popsugar. 31 July 2014, 7:59 AM, PDT)
- Jodie Foster And George Clooney Look To Cash In With Money Monster (From Cinema Blend. 31 July 2014, 9:49 AM, PDT)
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Wrote Love Letters to Each Other (From Entertainment Tonight. 31 July 2014, 9:29 AM, PDT)
- Q&A: ‘Sharknado 2′ Writer on Celebrity Cameos, Misunderstood Sharks (From Variety - TV News. 30 July 2014, 12:10 PM, PDT)
- New Trailer Alert! See Teasers for "Into the Woods," "Interstellar" and "SpongeBob" (From TooFab. 31 July 2014, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- Over 30 Interstellar Images from the New Trailer Show the Film’s Epic Mission (From Collider.com. 30 July 2014, 3:04 PM, PDT)
- Interstellar Comic-Con Trailer Released (From DailyDead. 30 July 2014, 2:22 PM, PDT)