Oliver Davis counts down the best ever casino films...
5. Ocean’s Eleven
It’s got more stars than a sky-gazing evening with Brian Cox, Ocean’s Eleven was a dream team-up movie with as-yet-unmatched ‘name’ power.
George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Julia Roberts…even Bernie Mac, the 2001 remake even surpassed Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr.’s original. Flashy, Soderbergh-slick and with a twisting Las Vegas casino heist climax, Ocean’s Eleven was successful enough to spawn two sequels…which makes the current Ocean’s count around 36.
At the Casino Royale, James Bond (Daniel Craig) is up against Le Chiffre (Mads Mikkelsen) in a high-stakes game of poker. It’s so tense, the bad guy cries blood. Which is how all villains should weep.
The casino setting is a Bond movie staple, so it’s a smart convention to embrace for Craig’s first outing as the character. »
- Gary Collinson
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- 9 Celebs Who Made Major Post-Breakup Confessions About Their Exes (From PEOPLE.com. 27 June 2017, 10:03 AM, PDT)
- Brad Pitt Is Not Dating Sienna Miller or Elle Macpherson: Source (From PEOPLE.com. 26 June 2017, 3:28 PM, PDT)
- Tommy Lee Jones in final talks to star opposite Brad Pitt in James Grey’s Ad Astra (From HeyUGuys. 26 June 2017, 4:24 AM, PDT)
- Brad Pitt in Thelma and Louise: Inside the Making of One of Hollywood’s Steamiest Sex Scenes (From PEOPLE.com. 27 June 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Batman And Harley Quinn To Have A One Night Theatrical Release (From LRM Online. 25 June 2017, 1:53 PM, PDT)
- George Clooney Not Retiring After Birth Of Twins, Despite Report (From GossipCop. 25 June 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Matt Damon and Wife Pack on the Pda During Date Night at U2 Concert in Boston: 'They Were Super Cute Together' (From PEOPLE.com. 26 June 2017, 10:35 AM, PDT)
- Chris Paul Befriends Little Girl with Scoliosis, We Got the Same Doc! (From TMZ. 22 June 2017, 11:39 AM, PDT)
- Oscars at the Halfway Mark: ‘Logan,’ ‘Get Out’ and Women Directors (From Variety - Film News. 22 June 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)