However, she was later told by producers that her vocals would be overlaid by Bowie's original voice.
"I just found that out a couple of weeks ago - I guess they talked to him and it's now a duet on the soundtrack," Wiig told news.com.au. "It's so weird. I have to pinch myself."
She continued: "It was really fun recording that. I can't even describe it, just singing that song. It's David Bowie and I'm such a huge Bowie fan. It was intimidating. I've caught the bug now. I want to go on tour!"
Similar News ItemsKristen Wiig
- ‘Elle’ Star Isabelle Huppert Wins Best Actress, Xavier Dolan Wins Best Director at France’s Cesar Awards (From Variety - Film News. 24 February 2017, 3:01 PM, PST)
- 5 Things You Won’t See At This Year’s Independent Spirit Awards, According to Hosts Nick Kroll and John Mulaney (From Indiewire. 24 February 2017, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Number of Female Film Protagonists Hits Record High in 2016, Up 7% From Previous Year (From Indiewire. 21 February 2017, 12:25 PM, PST)
- Long Awaited Sequels: A Trainspotting 2 Inspired List (From Cineplex. 20 February 2017, 6:38 AM, PST)
- Amazon Developing ‘Late Bloomers’ Aging Comedy From Ben Stiller’s Red Hour (From Deadline TV. 16 February 2017, 5:05 PM, PST)
- Sandy Wexler Trailer #2 Has Adam Sandler Stuck in the 1990s (From MovieWeb. 16 February 2017, 4:56 PM, PST)
Sean Penn (I)
- George Clooney Pays Touching Tribute to Pregnant Wife Amal While Bringing Down the House at French Awards: ‘Love Trumps Hate’ (From PEOPLE.com. 24 February 2017, 2:37 PM, PST)
- Why Denzel Washington Could Make History with a Surprise Third Oscar Win (From PEOPLE.com. 23 February 2017, 9:12 AM, PST)
- Charlize Theron Boards Spy Thriller ‘Need to Know’ at Universal (From Variety - Film News. 21 February 2017, 4:45 PM, PST)