As first reported by The Hollywood Reporter, the laffer will lift from the psychiatrist’s source material and expose “the truth about the drugs you’re taking, the sex you’re not having, the sleep you’re missing and what’s really making you crazy,” as the book’s extended title says. (Holland’s book has yet to receive a release date.)
Cody will write the pilot script and exec produce alongside Winfrey. Harpo Films will produce the comedy.
Cody, who rose to fame after penning indie feature “Juno,” recently sold drama project “Prodigy” to Fox.
- AJ Marechal
Similar News ItemsOprah Winfrey
- The Haves and the Have Nots, Love Thy Neighbor, If Loving You Is Wrong, For Better or Worse: Own Shows Renewed (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 February 2015, 6:42 PM, PST)
- Own: Oprah Winfrey Network Orders New Full Seasons (20+ Episodes Each) of All 4 Tyler Perry Series (From ShadowAndAct. 27 February 2015, 2:27 PM, PST)
- Own: Oprah Winfrey Network Orders New Full Seasons (20+ Episodes Each) of All 4 Tyler Perry Series (From Indiewire Television. 27 February 2015, 2:27 PM, PST)
- Can you ace HitFix's brutal 21-question Oscars quiz? (From Hitfix. 19 February 2015, 4:26 PM, PST)
- ‘Breakfast Club’ Returns to Theaters for 30th Anniversary (From Variety - Film News. 13 February 2015, 7:34 AM, PST)
- 12 Awesome Ladies Who Should Replace Jon Stewart as Host of 'The Daily Show' (From Entertainment Tonight. 11 February 2015, 1:13 PM, PST)
- In Defense Of ‘Jennifer’s Body’ (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 27 February 2015, 8:14 AM, PST)
- J.K. Simmons on His Oscar-Winning 'Whiplash' Performance (From Indiewire. 24 February 2015, 8:25 AM, PST)
- Oscars: J.K. Simmons wins Best Supporting Actor for 'Whiplash' (From Gold Derby. 22 February 2015, 5:42 PM, PST)