Hugh Jackman had a bit of a scare when he went in to get a mark on his nose checked out at the doctor. What the former Oscars host thought was nothing serious turned out to be a collection of cancerous cells that he had removed.
"[Wife] Deb [Furness] said to get the mark on my nose checked. Boy, was she right! I had a basil cell carcinoma. Please don't be foolish like me. Get yourself checked. And Use sunscreen!!!" Jackman Instagrams along with the above picture.
Basil cell carcinoma is the most common form of skin cancer. According to reports, it accounts for 90 percent of skin cancer patients in the United States. Representatives tell Reuters that they have no update on Jackman's condition.
Jackman's situation is reminiscent of "Good Morning America's" Amy Robach, who underwent a procrastinated mammogram on-air and ended up being diagnosed with breast cancer. The lesson to be learned here? »
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- The Wolverine 3 set to shoot next year (From Den of Geek. 5 March 2015, 11:26 PM, PST)
- Chappie – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 5 March 2015, 10:34 PM, PST)
- Chappie | Review (From ioncinema. 5 March 2015, 8:00 PM, PST)
"Good Morning America" (1975)
- Late Night Ratings: NBC’s ‘Tonight Show’ Still Rolling One Year After Jimmy Fallon’s Debut (From Variety - TV News. 5 March 2015, 2:37 PM, PST)
- Alec Baldwin was Offered a Job Hosting Good Morning America in 1994 (From Us Weekly. 5 March 2015, 2:02 PM, PST)
- Nashville Recap: Happily Never After (From TVLine.com. 4 March 2015, 8:04 PM, PST)
- Classroom Chaos: Top Ten High School Outsiders (From SoundOnSight. 23 February 2015, 6:11 AM, PST)
- '90210' Alum Trevor Donovan to Star in Amish Drama ‘Love Finds You in Charm’ (Exclusive) (From The Wrap. 27 October 2014, 5:03 PM, PDT)
- ‘Damn Sea Vampires!’ DVD Review (From Blogomatic3000. 19 October 2014, 3:01 AM, PDT)