It’s only fitting that a man with many leather-bound books such as Ron Burgundy would partake in a fundraiser to support a writing and tutoring center. Burgundy and the rest of the Kvwn Channel 4 News Team — a.k.a. Will Ferrell and the cast of “Anchorman” — assembled on the Santa Monica College Performing Arts Center’s Broad Stage one final time Thursday night before stepping into the ’80s, when the legend continues next month.
With a little help from their friends, the original cast performed a live reading of “Anchorman” to benefit the nonprofit 826La, which provides free afterschool tutoring and writing workshops for children.
“It’s only in L.A. that when you do a charity reading, it’s of a screenplay,” host Conan O’Brien said. “On the East Coast, it’s always a book of some merit. Here in L.A., it’s like, ‘Gather ’round literary types, »
- Maane Khatchatourian
Similar News ItemsWill Ferrell
- People's Guide to the 2015 Super Bowl (From PEOPLE.com. 31 January 2015, 12:25 PM, PST)
- Kristen Wiig is Happy, Disgusted, Excited and Bored in the Welcome to Me Trailer (From FilmSchoolRejects. 30 January 2015, 6:57 PM, PST)
- Jimmy Fallon's "Best of 'Ew!' Supercut" Is Star-Studded and Hilarious: Watch the Video Now! (From E! Online. 30 January 2015, 4:45 PM, PST)
Harrison Ford (I)
- Donald Trump is not a fan of the all-female Ghostbusters reboot and a Harrison Ford-less Indiana Jones (From Flickeringmyth. 1 February 2015, 3:21 AM, PST)
- “All Aboard”: Top Ten Bus-Related Moments in the Movies (From SoundOnSight. 31 January 2015, 6:47 AM, PST)
- 'Star Wars 7' to Include Jabba the Hutt's Crime Family? (From MovieWeb. 30 January 2015, 5:06 PM, PST)
- Oscar® Nominees to be Honored at Academy Luncheon (From Hollywoodnews.com. 31 January 2015, 8:38 AM, PST)
- Santa Barbara makes way for nominees, movers, shakers and more (From Hitfix. 30 January 2015, 11:20 AM, PST)
- Updated Oscar Predictions going into February (From Hollywoodnews.com. 30 January 2015, 7:22 AM, PST)