Jason Statham has called for the Oscars to recognise stunt performers.
Speaking to Vanity Fair, the Hollywood actor said it was a "farce" that stunt co-ordinators are not recognised at the Academy Awards.
He said: "I think it is an overlooked category, [considering] how much responsibility these co-ordinators have for some of the greatest entertainment in action movies.
"I mean, all of the stunt men - these are the unsung heroes. They really are. Nobody is giving them any credibility. They're risking their necks.
"It's a total injustice. They're the ones getting busy."
Statham also criticised "poncy actors" who are inserted into action sequences using visual effects.
"Then you have some guy standing in front of a f**king green screen screwing his face up pretending like he's doing the stunt," he bemoaned. "To me, it's like a farce.
"I have a real frustration with that because I know these co-ordinators. »
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- 'Spectre' Set Video Shows 'James Bond' Car Chase in Rome (From MovieWeb. 4 March 2015, 7:12 AM, PST)
- Sir Roger Moore reprises role as James Bond for Comic Relief (From Virgin Media - TV. 4 March 2015, 3:00 AM, PST)
- ‘Power/Rangers’ Producer Takes On James Bond With New Fan Film (From Tubefilter News. 3 March 2015, 8:05 AM, PST)
- "Furious 7" : One Last Ride (From SneakPeek. 5 March 2015, 5:35 PM, PST)
- MTV Movie Awards announced; are more in touch than the Oscars (From SoundOnSight. 4 March 2015, 2:55 PM, PST)
- Why Lady Gaga And Vin Diesel Should Be In Every Movie And TV Show (From Deadline TV. 4 March 2015, 2:30 PM, PST)
Dwayne Johnson (I)
- 'Furious 7' Poster; Extended First Look Coming Tonight (From MovieWeb. 5 March 2015, 3:45 PM, PST)
- 'Dredd 2' Producer Explains How to Get a Sequel Made (From MovieWeb. 5 March 2015, 2:57 PM, PST)
- Watch Jimmy Fallon and Zoë Kravitz Play a Giant Game of Beer Pong (From PEOPLE.com. 5 March 2015, 8:10 AM, PST)