Jason Statham has called for the Oscars to recognise stunt performers.
Speaking to Vanity Fair, the Hollywood actor said it was a "farce" that stunt co-ordinators are not recognised at the Academy Awards.
He said: "I think it is an overlooked category, [considering] how much responsibility these co-ordinators have for some of the greatest entertainment in action movies.
"I mean, all of the stunt men - these are the unsung heroes. They really are. Nobody is giving them any credibility. They're risking their necks.
"It's a total injustice. They're the ones getting busy."
Statham also criticised "poncy actors" who are inserted into action sequences using visual effects.
"Then you have some guy standing in front of a f**king green screen screwing his face up pretending like he's doing the stunt," he bemoaned. "To me, it's like a farce.
"I have a real frustration with that because I know these co-ordinators. »
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- 'November Man's' Olga Kurylenko on getting to work with two different Bonds (From Hitfix. 27 August 2014, 7:57 PM, PDT)
- Film Review: 'The November Man' (From LatinoReview. 26 August 2014, 9:52 PM, PDT)
- Pierce Brosnan on fears that 'November Man' would tarnish his James Bond legacy (From Hitfix. 26 August 2014, 2:49 PM, PDT)
- Robert Downey, Jr. admits that Guardians of the Galaxy is Marvel’s best movie (From Cineplex. 28 August 2014, 10:12 AM, PDT)
- Underworld Reboot in Development, Writer Hired (From DailyDead. 28 August 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Two Years After the Release of the Last Movie, Underworld is Being Rebooted (From HeyUGuys. 28 August 2014, 9:41 AM, PDT)
- 7 Uplifting Tentpole Movies (From We Got This Covered. 27 August 2014, 12:16 PM, PDT)
- Shane Black joins Sony’s The Destroyer (From ScreenDaily. 21 August 2014, 2:38 PM, PDT)
- Scott Derrickson interview: Deliver Us From Evil, Deus Ex, reactions (From Den of Geek. 21 August 2014, 2:19 PM, PDT)