Many folks are unaware of the fact that Tobe Hooper’s 1985 classic Lifeforce, starring Steve Railsback, Patrick Stewart, and Mathilda May, was actually an adaptation of Colin Wilson’s 1976 novel The Space Vampires. Fans of horror on TV are about to be reminded.
Deadline is reporting that Beverly Hills-based Ringleader Studios (The Amityville Horror: The Lost Tapes) has acquired rights to adapt Wilson’s novel for television. Ringleader is plotting a small-screen episodic series, also titled Lifeforce, as well as a graphic novel, video game, and additional media tie-ins.
The plot follows a group of astronauts who discover a derelict spaceship and return to Earth with three humanoid aliens that unleash a life-sucking plague upon humanity. Ex-Electronic Gaming Monthly editor and Ringleader Studios founder Steve Harris will exec produce. Al Zuckerman of Writers House negotiated the deal on behalf of Colin and Joy Wilson.
Visit The Evilshop @ Amazon!
Got news? »
- Uncle Creepy
Similar News ItemsPatrick Stewart (I)
- 11 Adorable Ways Celebs Have Helped Fans Pop the Question (From PEOPLE.com. 22 June 2017, 9:55 AM, PDT)
- Oscars: 13 Deserving Contenders From 2017 So Far (From Variety - Film News. 22 June 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Superhero Bits: Final Infinity Stone, Black Lightning Pilot Not Shot Yet, Motion-Capture Spidey & More (From Slash Film. 21 June 2017, 5:00 PM, PDT)
- Death Line aka Raw Meat (From Trailers from Hell. 13 June 2017, 12:37 PM, PDT)
- Horror Highlights: The Terminator Board Game, Camera Obscura Vinyl Soundtrack Contest, Scream Factory’s 5th Anniversary, Rift (From DailyDead. 13 June 2017, 8:26 AM, PDT)
- This Scene Almost Earned ‘Poltergeist’ an R Rating (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 4 June 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Second Opinion – Transformers: The Last Knight (2017) (From Flickeringmyth. 21 June 2017, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Movie Review – Transformers: The Last Knight (2017) (From Flickeringmyth. 20 June 2017, 4:02 PM, PDT)
- Transformers: The Last Knight Review (From We Got This Covered. 20 June 2017, 4:00 PM, PDT)