Find out more about Danny Dyer's relationship with the Nobel laureate playwright, plus what he really thinks about Zoo magazine and the true, Dyer-approved, definition of 'slag'
Hi Danny, the press release for your new film, Vendetta, calls it "a career best" for you. Is it a "career best" (1)?
It is. I felt like I had a lot to prove, I'd had so many negative reactions to my recent films and people constantly mocking me. I was just like: "Fuck you – I'm an actor. I'm a serious actor."
Do you feel that your personal life overshadowed your acting?
For some people, yeah. It's like, Ok, you need to re-evaluate things, maybe you've become more of a personality, a celebrity than being an actor. There are some actors out there that are brilliant at just being the actor and not giving the interview, mainly because they're boring as shit and »
- Hadley Freeman
Similar News Items"EastEnders" (1985)
- Danny Dyer on EastEnders part: "I'd like a long run" (From Digital Spy - TV news. 18 December 2014, 4:16 AM, PST)
- Ben Hardy thinks he know who killed Lucy Beale (From Virgin Media - TV. 17 December 2014, 8:15 AM, PST)
- Linda Carter to find out baby is her husband's (From Virgin Media - TV. 16 December 2014, 3:00 AM, PST)
"Prime Suspect" (1991)
- 20 TV Shows to Watch While You Wait for 'Sherlock' to Return (From Moviefone. 2 December 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
- 12 Years A Slave Director Steve McQueen to Helm Heist Thriller Based off 1980s British TV Miniseries Widows (From Collider.com. 20 November 2014, 10:56 AM, PST)
- Steve McQueen’s Next Movie: Heist Pic Based On ’80s UK Mini ‘Widows’ (From Deadline New York. 20 November 2014, 9:15 AM, PST)
Sarah Harding (II)
- Xtra Factor's Sarah-Jane Crawford gets Stevi Ritchie surprise on air (From Digital Spy - TV news. 13 December 2014, 3:10 PM, PST)
- Strictly Come Dancing 2014: week nine results show – as it happens (From The Guardian - TV News. 23 November 2014, 11:59 AM, PST)
- Tumble axed by BBC One after one series in "difficult decision" (From Digital Spy - TV news. 14 November 2014, 2:57 AM, PST)