Blue Is the Warmest Colour, a three-hour French film about two women who fall in love, is leaping from the art house to the mainstream as it arrives in UK cinemas this weekend.
A Cannes Film Festival Palme d'Or winner back in May, Abdellatif Kechiche's drama immediately hit the headlines thanks to its graphic (and prolonged) depictions of lesbian sex and the subsequent rows that erupted between the director and star Léa Seydoux.
Step outside of the controversy, however, and what's left is a love story that's both tender and utterly heart-shattering. Blue also features a stunning breakthrough performance from Adèle Exarchopoulos and is well worth seeking out if you want a change from big budget Hollywood fare.
The Hunger (1983)
Tony Scott shot »
Similar News ItemsNatalie Portman
- TooFab or TooDrab?! See This Week's Best and Worst Dressed Stars (From TooFab. 22 May 2015, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Cannes: How a Blind Actor Navigates the Croisette (From The Hollywood Reporter. 21 May 2015, 8:02 AM, PDT)
- Kendall Jenner Gets Groped By Model Pal Josephine Skriver -- See the Pic! (From TooFab. 20 May 2015, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- 2015 Celebrity Weddings Tournament—Find Out Which Star Couple Won! (From E! Online. 22 May 2015, 8:35 AM, PDT)
- 2015 Celebrity Weddings Tournament—Whose Nuptials are You Most Excited For? Vote in the Final Round! (From E! Online. 21 May 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- 2015 Celebrity Weddings Tournament—Whose Nuptials are You Most Excited For? Vote in Round 3! (From E! Online. 20 May 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
Black Swan (2010)
- Cannes 2015: Five Questions For Tale of Tales‘ Vincent Cassel (From Filmmaker Magazine. 22 May 2015, 11:36 AM, PDT)
- Cannes: Selton Mello’s Vincent Cassel starrer ‘A Movie Life’ Shoots in South Brazil (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 21 May 2015, 10:20 AM, PDT)
- Natalie Portman Shows Off Booty In See-Through Dress at Cannes (From TooFab. 18 May 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)