Review Rachael Kates 21 Nov 2013 - 06:42
Controlling fathers and rampant couples in this week's Thanksgiving episode of Beauty And The Beast...
This review contains spoilers.
Thanksgiving is a time for family and feasting so naturally Tori Windsor and Bob Reynolds popped up. Because what is a family holiday without a significant amount of fear, duress, and near-death experiences? Not a TV show, that’s for sure.
As is so often the case, Tess is once again my favourite thing in the episode. I’m sure everyone is stunned by this. The best of the best? “I was a Cub Scout.” “You’re a girl.” Excuse me while I purr at the deft use of humour to communicate a few salient points about gender politics in relationship to how boys versus girls are raised using two lines of dialogue. Well frigging done. Imagine a slow clap »
Similar News Items"Beauty and the Beast" (2012)
- Remembering Cat People Star Simon on 10th Anniversary of Her Death (Fully Revised/Updated Part I) (From Alt Film Guide. 19 February 2015, 7:53 PM, PST)
- How to Get Away With Murder Books Tom Everett Scott for Killer Role (From TVLine.com. 19 February 2015, 2:21 PM, PST)
- New Beauty And The Beast Season 3 Debut Date Finally Unveiled By CW (From OnTheFlix. 15 February 2015, 12:37 PM, PST)
"Father Knows Best" (1954)
- The 100 Recap: 'It Can't Be Over' (From TVLine.com. 4 March 2015, 7:35 PM, PST)
- What You Can Learn From New Streaming Service Shout! Factory TV (From Moviefone. 20 February 2015, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Film-by-film with Alfred Molina: Spider-Man, Love Is Strange, more (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 11 February 2015, 7:20 AM, PST)
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967)
- StreamFix: 6 Oscar Frontrunners in Great Roles on Netflix (From Hitfix. 26 January 2015, 5:31 PM, PST)
- Kevin Spacey Wins the Golden Globe for Best Actor in a TV Series, Drama (From PEOPLE.com. 11 January 2015, 7:15 PM, PST)
- What You Need to Watch on Netflix Before It Expires in January (From BuzzSugar. 31 December 2014, 3:05 AM, PST)