Review Rachael Kates 21 Nov 2013 - 06:42
Controlling fathers and rampant couples in this week's Thanksgiving episode of Beauty And The Beast...
This review contains spoilers.
Thanksgiving is a time for family and feasting so naturally Tori Windsor and Bob Reynolds popped up. Because what is a family holiday without a significant amount of fear, duress, and near-death experiences? Not a TV show, that’s for sure.
As is so often the case, Tess is once again my favourite thing in the episode. I’m sure everyone is stunned by this. The best of the best? “I was a Cub Scout.” “You’re a girl.” Excuse me while I purr at the deft use of humour to communicate a few salient points about gender politics in relationship to how boys versus girls are raised using two lines of dialogue. Well frigging done. Imagine a slow clap »
Similar News Items"Beauty and the Beast" (2012)
- Doctor Who, The Strain, Ripper Street: Tube Talk Q&A (From Digital Spy - TV news. 21 August 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- New Z Nation Promo Reminds You to Keep Your Friday Nights Open (From Dread Central. 18 August 2014, 5:32 PM, PDT)
- 2014 Teen Choice Awards Winners and Nominees - complete list (From Hitfix. 10 August 2014, 4:40 PM, PDT)
"Father Knows Best" (1954)
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time (From Popsugar. 19 August 2014, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time (From BuzzSugar. 19 August 2014, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- Once Upon a Time's Colin O'Donoghue Worries Hook's Clothes Won't Come Off (From TVLine.com. 18 August 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967)
- Gone With The Summer (From FilmExperience. 14 August 2014, 8:18 AM, PDT)
- Desk Set (From Sky Movies. 11 August 2014, 5:33 AM, PDT)
- Editors' Emmy predictions slugfest: Who'll win Best Drama Guest Actor? (From Gold Derby. 7 August 2014, 8:20 AM, PDT)