Harlan Ellison® has written or edited 75 books, written 1,700 stories, essays, articles, and newspaper columns, two dozen teleplays and a dozen motion pictures. He has won the WGA Award for teleplay four times. He is also one of the three credited screenwriters on “The Oscar,” which he wrote for Steve McQueen and Peter Falk but ended up starring Stephen Boyd and Tony Bennett. He calls the picture “a festering wound” to this day.
As a devout believer in Open Covenants, Openly Entered Into, I will not lie to you from the git-go: I do not merely hate all awards shows, I wish to see them beheaded, stakes driven through their black and corrupted widdle hearts, and to see the decapitated remains buried at a crossroads come midnight. Now we are on the same page.
About the time I matured enough to know there were no such things as yetis, the Loch Ness »
- Harlan Ellison
Similar News ItemsSteve McQueen (III)
- Atlanta Review: Donald Glover's FX Series Has Smooth, Engaging Cadence (From TVLine.com. 26 August 2016, 7:36 AM, PDT)
- Film Festival Roundup: Hamptons Announces Signature Programs, Raindance Unveils Slate And More (From Indiewire. 25 August 2016, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Steve McQueen to receive BFI Fellowship at the London Film Festival (From Flickeringmyth. 24 August 2016, 6:10 AM, PDT)
Tony Bennett (I)
- Tony Bennett -- Good Genes Or Good Docs? (From TMZ. 14 August 2016, 12:20 AM, PDT)
- Lady Gaga Goes Glam In Brandon Maxwell Gown For Tony Bennett’s 90th (From Uinterview. 4 August 2016, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- Lady Gaga, Stevie Wonder, Paul McCartney and More Celebrate Tony Bennett's 90th Birthday (From PEOPLE.com. 4 August 2016, 7:15 AM, PDT)
John Ford (I)
- Lmno, Discovery Legal Battle Highlights Rising Tensions in Unscripted TV Arena (From Variety - TV News. 24 August 2016, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Video Essay. The Sound of Horses: Two John Ford Westerns (From MUBI. 24 August 2016, 7:02 AM, PDT)
- 'Florence Foster Jenkins', 'Satoshi' to bookend Tokyo fest (From ScreenDaily. 23 August 2016, 3:50 AM, PDT)