We’ve survived four months of a frenzied awards season, with only three months to go. Did I hear someone groan? Stop it right now. You can either enjoy it or, as the Brits said in WWII, keep calm and carry on.
I actually like awards and kudos season, because it’s all of showbiz in a condensed form (well, if you consider a seven-month slog to be “condensed”). Awards are what showbiz is all about: artistry, marketing, ego and money. If you’re in the right mood, it’s goofy fun.
See Also: Death to All Awards Shows!
And don’t worry, I’m not that sappy. I will have another column talking about what I don’t like about awards season. But Harlan Ellison is so eloquent and withering in his assessment, we thought it would be fair and balanced, as they say, to provide a little counterpoint. »
- Tim Gray
Similar News ItemsJames Cameron (I)
- Terminator Genisys - Where Do We Go From Here? (From Shadowlocked. 31 July 2015, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- 'Transformers 5' Gets 'Spider-Man' and 'I Am Legend' Writers (From MovieWeb. 30 July 2015, 12:57 PM, PDT)
- Looking back at Michael Crichton's Runaway (From Den of Geek. 29 July 2015, 9:45 AM, PDT)
Life of Pi (2012)
- Toronto International Film Festival’s South Asian Connections (From Bollyspice. 30 July 2015, 6:20 AM, PDT)
- Pope Delays New York Film Festival’s 2015 Opening Night (From Variety - Film News. 29 July 2015, 11:36 AM, PDT)
- Alex Reviews Pixels – A Film About Video Games For People Who Hate Video Games (From Obsessed with Film. 29 July 2015, 8:20 AM, PDT)
- TV Review: ‘The Americans,’ Season 3 (From Variety - TV News. 26 January 2015, 7:30 AM, PST)
- SAG Awards 2015 – Full Winner’s List (From The Hollywood News. 26 January 2015, 6:30 AM, PST)
- Banshee season 3 episode 3 review: A Fixer Of Sorts (From Den of Geek. 26 January 2015, 1:17 AM, PST)