We’ve survived four months of a frenzied awards season, with only three months to go. Did I hear someone groan? Stop it right now. You can either enjoy it or, as the Brits said in WWII, keep calm and carry on.
I actually like awards and kudos season, because it’s all of showbiz in a condensed form (well, if you consider a seven-month slog to be “condensed”). Awards are what showbiz is all about: artistry, marketing, ego and money. If you’re in the right mood, it’s goofy fun.
See Also: Death to All Awards Shows!
And don’t worry, I’m not that sappy. I will have another column talking about what I don’t like about awards season. But Harlan Ellison is so eloquent and withering in his assessment, we thought it would be fair and balanced, as they say, to provide a little counterpoint. »
- Tim Gray
Similar News ItemsJames Cameron (I)
- Josh Brolin on His Ripped Bod and How He Knew Wife Kathyrn Boyd Was the One (Exclusive) (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 October 2017, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Terminator 6 Begins Shooting in Spring 2018 (From MovieWeb. 19 October 2017, 10:36 AM, PDT)
- Untitled Terminator Reboot To Start Shooting Early Next Year (From We Got This Covered. 19 October 2017, 7:24 AM, PDT)
Life of Pi (2012)
- The New Golden Age of Studio Science-Fiction is Upon Us (From Indiewire. 19 October 2017, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- ‘Blade Runner 2049’: Denis Villeneuve on the Challenges of Three-Way Sex Scenes and His Very Real Need for a Nap (From Indiewire. 12 October 2017, 2:51 PM, PDT)
- ‘Blade Runner 2049’: Denis Villeneuve on the Challenges of Three-Way Sex Scenes and His Very Real Need for a Nap (From Thompson on Hollywood. 12 October 2017, 2:51 PM, PDT)
- TV Review: ‘The Americans,’ Season 3 (From Variety - TV News. 26 January 2015, 7:30 AM, PST)
- SAG Awards 2015 – Full Winner’s List (From The Hollywood News. 26 January 2015, 6:30 AM, PST)
- Banshee season 3 episode 3 review: A Fixer Of Sorts (From Den of Geek. 26 January 2015, 1:17 AM, PST)