Harlan Ellison® has written or edited 75 books, written 1,700 stories, essays, articles, and newspaper columns, two dozen teleplays and a dozen motion pictures. He has won the WGA Award for teleplay four times. He is also one of the three credited screenwriters on “The Oscar,” which he wrote for Steve McQueen and Peter Falk but ended up starring Stephen Boyd and Tony Bennett. He calls the picture “a festering wound” to this day.
As a devout believer in Open Covenants, Openly Entered Into, I will not lie to you from the git-go: I do not merely hate all awards shows, I wish to see them beheaded, stakes driven through their black and corrupted widdle hearts, and to see the decapitated remains buried at a crossroads come midnight. Now we are on the same page.
About the time I matured enough to know there were no such things as yetis, the Loch Ness »
- Harlan Ellison
Similar News ItemsSteve McQueen (III)
- 'Bobby Sands: 66 Days': Film Review (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 30 November 2016, 1:42 PM, PST)
- British Film Institute to Sharpen Focus on Young People, Digital Media, Regions (From Variety - Film News. 29 November 2016, 4:41 AM, PST)
- ‘Fences’ Star Viola Davis On How Denzel Washington’s Film Allowed Her Second Chance at Beloved Role (From Indiewire. 18 November 2016, 1:01 PM, PST)
Tony Bennett (I)
- Miss Piggy Catches Tony Bennett’s Fall During Thanksgiving Day Parade (Watch) (From Variety - TV News. 25 November 2016, 12:58 PM, PST)
- Miss Piggy Heroically Saves Tony Bennett From Falling Off a Thanksgiving Day Parade Float (From Popsugar. 25 November 2016, 7:10 AM, PST)
- Miss Piggy Saves Tony Bennett, 90, From Falling Off Float (From ET Canada. 25 November 2016, 7:06 AM, PST)
John Ford (I)
- John Ford’s “Apology” Western ‘Sergeant Rutledge’ Starring Woody Strode Returning to DVD (From ShadowAndAct. 3 December 2016, 8:57 AM, PST)
- Weekly Rushes. Anderson & Anderson, Ford's Memoirs, Barbara Loden (From MUBI. 29 November 2016, 9:07 AM, PST)
- Why Are The Best Film Editors Female? (From Flickeringmyth. 20 November 2016, 7:00 AM, PST)