Harlan Ellison® has written or edited 75 books, written 1,700 stories, essays, articles, and newspaper columns, two dozen teleplays and a dozen motion pictures. He has won the WGA Award for teleplay four times. He is also one of the three credited screenwriters on “The Oscar,” which he wrote for Steve McQueen and Peter Falk but ended up starring Stephen Boyd and Tony Bennett. He calls the picture “a festering wound” to this day.
As a devout believer in Open Covenants, Openly Entered Into, I will not lie to you from the git-go: I do not merely hate all awards shows, I wish to see them beheaded, stakes driven through their black and corrupted widdle hearts, and to see the decapitated remains buried at a crossroads come midnight. Now we are on the same page.
About the time I matured enough to know there were no such things as yetis, the Loch Ness »
- Harlan Ellison
Similar News ItemsSteve McQueen (III)
- 87th Academy Awards Dates and Early Predictions: Another Streep? (From Alt Film Guide. 18 April 2014, 5:07 PM, PDT)
- 'Sorcerer' Blu-ray Review (From Rope Of Silicon. 18 April 2014, 11:07 AM, PDT)
- Podcast: Reviewing 'Transcendence', Talking Cannes, Playing Games and Your Questions (From Rope Of Silicon. 18 April 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
Tony Bennett (I)
- Lady Gaga & Gayle King -- Writing a Bad Romance (From TMZ. 8 April 2014, 4:10 AM, PDT)
- Go Inside Lady Gaga's New York City Apartment (From TooFab. 4 April 2014, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Second Opinion - Muppets Most Wanted (2014) (From Flickeringmyth. 30 March 2014, 10:44 AM, PDT)
John Ford (I)
- 2014 Cannes Film Festival Predictions: Main Competition, Un Certain Regard & Special Screenings (From ioncinema. 16 April 2014, 5:35 PM, PDT)
- The Noteworthy: Mubi + Tumblr, Friedkin Rediscoveries, Swallowing Celluloid (From MUBI. 15 April 2014, 10:40 PM, PDT)
- Watch: 1-Hour Interview 'My Name is John Ford: I Make Movies' (From The Playlist. 15 April 2014, 8:42 AM, PDT)