Twitter nearly imploded Nov. 18 when the words ‘Space Jam 2′ began trending, sparking rumors of a sequel to what is definitely the most important film of our time. Unfortunately for the universe, Bugs Bunny and co. will not be partnering with LeBron James to save the world with basketball, since the whole thing was a joke — but it shouldn’t be.
In 1996, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tweety and the gang partnered with NBA superstar Michael Jordan to save the world from the nefarious Mister Swackhammer and his band of newly super-sized Nerdlucks. The results were phenomenal — Space Jam was an ambitious, absurd, and ultimately fun little movie, one that definitely merits a sequel. Read on to find out why!
I know what you’re going to say: Enough with the ’90s, already! And in a way, you’re right. »
- HL Intern
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Box Office: ‘Fate of the Furious’ Stays on Top; ‘Unforgettable,’ ‘The Promise’ Bomb (From Variety - Film News. 23 April 2017, 7:54 AM, PDT)
- Callum Turner to play Newt Scamander’s brother in Fantastic Beasts 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 23 April 2017, 6:40 AM, PDT)
- Five studios reportedly vying for Bond 25 distribution rights (From Flickeringmyth. 23 April 2017, 5:20 AM, PDT)
- Coachella 2017: Weekend 2 Unofficial Side-Party Scene Comes Alive (From The Wrap. 21 April 2017, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- New images land from Ridley Scott’s Alien: Covenant (From The Hollywood News. 20 April 2017, 10:55 PM, PDT)
- New images and found-footage crew promos for Alien: Covenant (From Flickeringmyth. 20 April 2017, 4:07 PM, PDT)
- Kendrick Lamar Doesn't Show Obama the LeBron Love with New Album (Video) (From TMZ. 22 April 2017, 7:24 AM, PDT)
- Amidst Playoff Push, Basketball Star Kevin Durant Launches His Own YouTube Channel (From Tubefilter News. 17 April 2017, 2:59 PM, PDT)
- SisQo Wants LeBron James For NBA M.V.P. And Has A Song To Prove It (From ET Canada. 14 April 2017, 7:38 AM, PDT)