Twitter nearly imploded Nov. 18 when the words ‘Space Jam 2′ began trending, sparking rumors of a sequel to what is definitely the most important film of our time. Unfortunately for the universe, Bugs Bunny and co. will not be partnering with LeBron James to save the world with basketball, since the whole thing was a joke — but it shouldn’t be.
In 1996, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tweety and the gang partnered with NBA superstar Michael Jordan to save the world from the nefarious Mister Swackhammer and his band of newly super-sized Nerdlucks. The results were phenomenal — Space Jam was an ambitious, absurd, and ultimately fun little movie, one that definitely merits a sequel. Read on to find out why!
I know what you’re going to say: Enough with the ’90s, already! And in a way, you’re right. »
- HL Intern
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Kiss Forever in a Darkness: The Music of David Lynch's "Blue Velvet" (From MUBI. 24 October 2016, 1:02 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. Chief Tells Employees to ‘Stay Focused’ During Time Warner Sale to AT&T (From Variety - Film News. 23 October 2016, 6:44 PM, PDT)
- Top 10 Takeaways: Movie Star Brands Tyler Perry and Tom Cruise Boost Box Office (From Indiewire. 23 October 2016, 2:18 PM, PDT)
- Stephen King's "11.22.63" (From SneakPeek. 23 October 2016, 11:09 AM, PDT)
- Arthouse Audit: ‘Moonlight’ Soars to Near-Record Levels; ‘The Handmaiden’ Beats the Odds (From Indiewire. 23 October 2016, 11:05 AM, PDT)
- King Cobra Review (From We Got This Covered. 22 October 2016, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- LeBron James & Teammates -- Go Crazy In Cleveland Bar ... When Indians Win Alcs! (Video) (From TMZ. 19 October 2016, 4:19 PM, PDT)
- Come on and slam! Space Jam returns to select theaters! (From JoBlo. 18 October 2016, 1:35 PM, PDT)
- Space Jam Returns to Theaters This Fall for 20th Anniversary (From MovieWeb. 18 October 2016, 1:01 PM, PDT)