We already know that Alan Taylor (Game of Thrones) wasn't the only director to shoot scenes for Thor: The Dark World, with - Spoiler - Guardians of the Galaxy's James Gunn filming the mid-credits sequence (much to Taylor's displeasure).
Well, now it's been revealed that Tim Miller (who happens to be attached to Fox's long-gestating Deadpool solo movie) and his Blur Studio VFX house were also responsible for the opening prologue, which sees the Asgardians battling Malekith (Christopher Eccleston), Algrim the Strong (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje) and the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim 5000 years before the events of the movie. Miller, executive producer Craig Kyle and editor Wyatt Smith oversaw the live-action shoot in London, leading to a final sequence of 75 shots, of which more than a third were entirely CGI courtesy of Blur's VFX supervisor Kevin Margo.
"This project hit on so many sweet spots for Blur, combining live action performance with photo-real CG action, »
- Gary Collinson
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- Rumoured description for the new Justice League trailer includes Superman’s return (From Flickeringmyth. 26 June 2017, 12:07 AM, PDT)
- ‘Veep’ Showrunner on the Season 6 Finale, Plans for Season 7, and Who’s Coming Back After That Wild Ending (From Indiewire. 25 June 2017, 11:22 PM, PDT)
- ‘Veep’ Showrunner on the Season 6 Finale, Plans for Season 7, and Who’s Coming Back After That Wild Ending (From Indiewire Television. 25 June 2017, 11:22 PM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex – Spider-Man spinoffs in the McU, Fantastic Four reboot, Wonder Woman 2 confirmed, Watchmen TV show announced (From Flickeringmyth. 24 June 2017, 6:57 AM, PDT)
- Avengers: Infinity War set photo features Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum (From Flickeringmyth. 22 June 2017, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- Avengers 3 Set Photo Returns to Sanctum Sanctorum (From MovieWeb. 22 June 2017, 3:50 PM, PDT)
- Avengers: Infinity War will mark the “final chapter” for some Marvel heroes (From Flickeringmyth. 25 June 2017, 4:53 AM, PDT)
- Avengers: Infinity War Will Be The Final Chapter For Some Of The Heroes (From We Got This Covered. 24 June 2017, 6:26 PM, PDT)
- Han Solo Firing Proves Studios’ Franchises Don’t Want Directors To Be Storytellers (From Indiewire. 23 June 2017, 11:39 AM, PDT)