With a famous pair of acting parents, we imagine that his on-set apprenticeship qualifies as film school. The multi-talented (jury will be out on his first directing gig) Charlie McDowell (pictured above) shot in March of this year, and then he jumped on a book tour (Dear Girls Above Me) a couple of weeks later. Despite the busy schedule, this quirky comedy featuring trio Elisabeth Moss (will also be seen in Listen Up Philip), Ted Danson and Sundance favorite Mark Duplass should be in the can.
Gist: Written by Justin Lader and McDowell, this is about a couple (Moss and Duplass) trying to solve the problems plaguing their marriage take a romantic weekend getaway, only to discover a new set of problems waiting for them.
Prediction: An outside shot at a Premieres category preem with SXSW keen on claiming another world preem that Sundance might pass on. »
- Eric Lavallee
Similar News ItemsElisabeth Moss (I)
- ‘Mad Men’ Seeks Elusive Final Season Emmy Award (From Variety - TV News. 4 August 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Zurich fest galas include 'High-Rise', 'The Program' (From ScreenDaily. 4 August 2015, 3:47 AM, PDT)
- August VOD Releases Include Final Girl, The Boy, Turbo Kid (From DailyDead. 1 August 2015, 11:53 AM, PDT)
- /Filmcast Ep. 329 – Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation (From Slash Film. 3 August 2015, 10:16 PM, PDT)
- This Eerie Folk Tune From Patrick Brice's 'Creep' Will Make Your Skin Crawl (From Indiewire. 28 July 2015, 9:58 AM, PDT)
- Attention, Filmmakers: 5 Lessons from Mark and Jay Duplass (From Indiewire. 28 July 2015, 7:36 AM, PDT)
- TV News: Transparent, Pete, Time, Murder, Fargo (From Dark Horizons. 4 August 2015, 5:13 AM, PDT)
- Oceana Gala Guest Jon Hamm Is ‘Mad for the Oceans’ and Has No Children That He Knows Of (From Variety - TV News. 2 August 2015, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- Paleyfest announces the first wave of its lineup for the 2015 Fall TV Previews festival (From SoundOnSight. 28 July 2015, 6:04 AM, PDT)