With a famous pair of acting parents, we imagine that his on-set apprenticeship qualifies as film school. The multi-talented (jury will be out on his first directing gig) Charlie McDowell (pictured above) shot in March of this year, and then he jumped on a book tour (Dear Girls Above Me) a couple of weeks later. Despite the busy schedule, this quirky comedy featuring trio Elisabeth Moss (will also be seen in Listen Up Philip), Ted Danson and Sundance favorite Mark Duplass should be in the can.
Gist: Written by Justin Lader and McDowell, this is about a couple (Moss and Duplass) trying to solve the problems plaguing their marriage take a romantic weekend getaway, only to discover a new set of problems waiting for them.
Prediction: An outside shot at a Premieres category preem with SXSW keen on claiming another world preem that Sundance might pass on. »
- Eric Lavallee
Similar News ItemsElisabeth Moss
- 'Mad Men' Tribute Videos from Gary Oldman and More (From MovieWeb. 5 March 2015, 7:30 PM, PST)
- Recap: 'American Idol' Season 14 - Top 8 Girls Perform Motown (From Hitfix. 5 March 2015, 4:59 PM, PST)
- First Look: Luke Evans In Ben Wheatley's 'High Rise,' Will Play Gaston In 'Beauty And The Beast' With Emma Watson (From The Playlist. 4 March 2015, 2:36 PM, PST)
- Wamg Talks To Mark Duplass: The Lazarus Effect (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 4 March 2015, 6:02 PM, PST)
- Watch: The Duplass Brothers' First Feature 'The Puffy Chair' Online Now for Free! (From Indiewire. 4 March 2015, 1:12 PM, PST)
- Giveaway: Win a 'Lazarus Effect' Prize Pack (From MovieWeb. 4 March 2015, 6:53 AM, PST)
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel Have an Early Birthday Celebration With Friends (From Popsugar. 3 March 2015, 9:38 PM, PST)
- Pregnant Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake Double Date With Mary Steenburgen and Ted Danson: See the Pics! (From E! Online. 2 March 2015, 10:46 AM, PST)
- Smith to Have One of His Worst Domestic Openings Ever: 'Focus' (From Alt Film Guide. 1 March 2015, 1:58 AM, PST)