With a famous pair of acting parents, we imagine that his on-set apprenticeship qualifies as film school. The multi-talented (jury will be out on his first directing gig) Charlie McDowell (pictured above) shot in March of this year, and then he jumped on a book tour (Dear Girls Above Me) a couple of weeks later. Despite the busy schedule, this quirky comedy featuring trio Elisabeth Moss (will also be seen in Listen Up Philip), Ted Danson and Sundance favorite Mark Duplass should be in the can.
Gist: Written by Justin Lader and McDowell, this is about a couple (Moss and Duplass) trying to solve the problems plaguing their marriage take a romantic weekend getaway, only to discover a new set of problems waiting for them.
Prediction: An outside shot at a Premieres category preem with SXSW keen on claiming another world preem that Sundance might pass on. »
- Eric Lavallee
Similar News ItemsElisabeth Moss
- The 10 Best Episodes Of 'Mad Men' (From Indiewire Television. 16 April 2014, 11:13 AM, PDT)
- The 10 Best Episodes Of 'Mad Men' (From The Playlist. 16 April 2014, 11:13 AM, PDT)
- Elisabeth Moss Sees Mad Men’s Peggy in Diane on The Good Wife (From Vulture. 14 April 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- The Indiewire Springboard: Meet Twitter Sensation, Published Author, and Director of 'The One I Love, Charlie McDowell (From Indiewire. 18 April 2014, 8:51 AM, PDT)
- Five Films at Sundance London You Should See (From HeyUGuys. 15 April 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Duplass & Brice Plan For ‘Creep’ Trilogy (From The Hollywood News. 9 April 2014, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- Sundance London 2014: Line-up includes ‘Frank’, ‘Fruitvale Station’, and ‘The Voices’ (From SoundOnSight. 13 April 2014, 8:56 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive CSI Sneak Peek: Can D.B. Russell Survive a Hostage Situation? (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 2 April 2014, 8:33 AM, PDT)
- Greatest TV Pilots: Damages (From SoundOnSight. 30 March 2014, 8:25 AM, PDT)