When Mayim Bialik appeared on "The Arsenio Hall Show," she had plenty of things to say about topics ranging from Thanksgivingukkah to her hairspray. But the most interesting topic may have been how Bialik landed the role of Amy Farrah Fowler on "The Big Bang Theory."
As it turns out, Bialik almost got that role as an accident. "I had just gotten my PhD, and I had just had my second kid," she explained to Arsenio Hall on Monday (Nov. 18). "And I just started going on auditions because I needed health insurance. And SAG has great health insurance."
Bialik only barely knew what show she was auditioning for -- she hadn't watched it and barely knew who Jim Parsons even was. "I showed up for this audition and did my best Jim Parsons impression after Googling him the night before," the actress explained with a laugh. "Sometimes you just have to get lucky. »
Similar News Items"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)
- CBS 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 12/27/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 December 2014, 1:11 PM, PST)
- The Most Pirated Shows Of 2014 (From Dark Horizons. 27 December 2014, 10:09 AM, PST)
- Kaley Cuoco Recovers from Surgery (From Entertainment Tonight. 27 December 2014, 10:02 AM, PST)
Jim Parsons (II)
- Game of Thrones, Doctor Who win in 2014 Digital Spy Reader Awards (From Digital Spy - TV news. 23 December 2014, 2:00 AM, PST)
- Craig Ferguson: Latenight’s Uniquely Intimate Host Signs Off, For Now (From Variety - TV News. 19 December 2014, 10:40 AM, PST)
- Best of Late Night TV: Orlando Bloom Wants 'Hobbit' Porno, Amy Adams Struggles at 'Holiday Flip Cup' (Video) (From Moviefone. 18 December 2014, 11:10 PM, PST)
- Year in TV: The 10 Best Moments of 2014 (From Variety - TV News. 26 December 2014, 10:26 AM, PST)
- The Big Bang Theory: Season Eight Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 12 December 2014, 12:34 PM, PST)
- 21st Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominees Announced (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 10 December 2014, 2:09 PM, PST)