When Mayim Bialik appeared on "The Arsenio Hall Show," she had plenty of things to say about topics ranging from Thanksgivingukkah to her hairspray. But the most interesting topic may have been how Bialik landed the role of Amy Farrah Fowler on "The Big Bang Theory."
As it turns out, Bialik almost got that role as an accident. "I had just gotten my PhD, and I had just had my second kid," she explained to Arsenio Hall on Monday (Nov. 18). "And I just started going on auditions because I needed health insurance. And SAG has great health insurance."
Bialik only barely knew what show she was auditioning for -- she hadn't watched it and barely knew who Jim Parsons even was. "I showed up for this audition and did my best Jim Parsons impression after Googling him the night before," the actress explained with a laugh. "Sometimes you just have to get lucky. »
Similar News Items"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)
- ‘Star Trek’ Sales Buoy 16% Profit Hike For CBS Q2 (From Variety - TV News. 28 July 2016, 1:42 PM, PDT)
- CBS 2015-16 Season Ratings (updated 7/28/16) (From TVSeriesFinale. 28 July 2016, 1:21 PM, PDT)
- Peep Show: another Us remake in development (From Den of Geek. 28 July 2016, 12:16 AM, PDT)
Jim Parsons (II)
- Horror Highlights: Ghost Team on Google Play, Viral Clip, For The Love Of Spock Trailer (From DailyDead. 21 July 2016, 6:28 AM, PDT)
- Leonard Nimoy’s Documentary 'For The Love Of Spock' New Movie Poster and Trailer (From CineMovie. 21 July 2016, 12:05 AM, PDT)
- ‘For the Love of Spock’ Trailer: Heartfelt Documentary Pays Tribute to ‘Star Trek’ Legend Leonard Nimoy (From Indiewire. 20 July 2016, 9:57 AM, PDT)
- My Fearless, Somewhat Frightening 2016 Emmy Predictions (From TVLine.com. 13 July 2016, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- TV Supporting Actors Shine in Colorful Ensembles Like ‘Game of Thrones’ and ‘Silicon Valley’ (From Variety - TV News. 7 June 2016, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- 2016 Emmy Contenders: Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy (From Variety - TV News. 7 June 2016, 2:00 AM, PDT)