On the list of the most loved films of all time, the holiday classic It’s a Wonderful Life has to rank pretty high, even after 67 years. Now a sequel is being made to the timeless classic. The decision to revisit the treasured film is sure to divide fan opinion.
Every year, millions of people sit down in front of their TV sets or computers to rewatch the beloved classic It’s a Wonderful Life. Nearly seven decades after it was first released, the movie is still a fan favorite. Few films have stood the test of time the way Frank Capra’s cherished Christmas film has. Therefore, the decision to make a sequel to the film is rather daring. While many may see it as a nice homage to the longevity of the original, others will surely condemn the filmmakers for daring to disrespect their much-loved classic.
Karolyn Grimes will appear in the sequel. »
- email@example.com (Rob Young)
Similar News ItemsJames Stewart (I)
- Their Western Moment: A Conversation with Valeska Grisebach (From MUBI. 27 May 2017, 5:28 AM, PDT)
- Marlene Dietrich Retrospective Screening at the Metrograph in NYC (From Women and Hollywood. 24 May 2017, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- Cannes 2017. Europe's New Frontier—Valeska Grisebach's "Western" (From MUBI. 22 May 2017, 5:48 AM, PDT)
- Michael Bay Reflects on His Career as He Receives Hands and Feet Honor (From Variety - Film News. 23 May 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- The Pros and Cons of Looking Back: Close-Up on John Carpenter’s "Christine" and "Starman" (From MUBI. 14 May 2017, 3:27 PM, PDT)
- Remembering Cinema's Pioneering Women at American Cinematheque (From Alt Film Guide. 5 May 2017, 4:12 PM, PDT)
Donna Reed (I)
- Mary Tyler Moore obituary (From The Guardian - TV News. 25 January 2017, 2:30 PM, PST)
- Mary Tyler Moore: America's Sweetheart Goes All the Way (From Rolling Stone. 25 January 2017, 12:41 PM, PST)
- Marlo Thomas Launches Clothing Line: Until Now, ‘I Had the Choice of Looking Like My Granddaughter or My Grandmother’ (From PEOPLE.com. 19 January 2017, 9:19 AM, PST)