There are nearly seven hundred live-action episodes of the Star Trek franchise. If you watched them all back to back, it’d take you more than twenty one days before you get to the end. Although if I were you, I’d skip the last episode of Enterprise.
So with that many episodes of the series developed, it is unsurprising that a significant number of episodes went undeveloped. During various periods of the shows, the producers allowed unsolicited scripts to be sent in for consideration and a handful of those were made. At least one online reviewer was flown out to pitch story ideas for Star Trek: Voyager (incidentally – hey, new series producers, I’m over here!).
But seriously, Star Trek has had some famous episodes and storylines go unproduced. Some end up being reworked and reworked until they become something different (Deep Space Nine’s Time’s Orphan episode »
- Brian Chapman
Similar News ItemsStar Trek (2009)
- ‘Star Trek 3′ Reflects ‘Spirit of the TV Show,’ Simon Pegg Says (From Variety - Film News. 28 March 2015, 9:42 AM, PDT)
- Leonard Nimoy's son planning For the Love of Spock documentary (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 March 2015, 8:39 AM, PDT)
- 10 Stories You Might Have Missed: Meet your new 'Star Trek 3' villain (From Hitfix. 27 March 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
"Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987)
- Leonard Nimoy’s Son Plans Spock Documentary (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 27 March 2015, 6:33 PM, PDT)
- Leonard Nimoy’s Son Plans Spock Documentary (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 27 March 2015, 6:33 PM, PDT)
- Right Here, Right Now: Patrick Stewart In Trailer For Comedy Series ‘Blunt Talk’ (From The Hollywood News. 27 March 2015, 4:31 PM, PDT)
"Star Trek: Voyager" (1995)
- Revisiting Star Trek Tng: The Loss (From Den of Geek. 27 March 2015, 1:29 AM, PDT)
- Wright Was Earliest Surviving Best Supporting Actress Oscar Winner (From Alt Film Guide. 15 March 2015, 12:05 AM, PDT)
- ‘Expendables 2′ Director Simon West Teams with Carnaby on Action-Comedy ‘Salty’ (From Variety - Film News. 9 March 2015, 4:02 AM, PDT)