Joe Wright (Atonement, Hanna) has been tapped to helm the Peter Pan movie Pan, which is described as "an origin story". Now, I don't know if this is brilliant casting or type casting, but Javier Bardem (No Country for Old Men, Skyfall) has been offered the role Blackbeard in the movie.
Jason Fuchs (Ice Age: Continental Drift) is writing the script for the upcoming adaptation of J.M. Barrie's classic, which will follow an orphan who is taken to Neverland, saves the natives, leads a rebellion against the pirates and becomes a hero.
Joe Wright is a mixed bag for me. He's made some pretty solid movies but nothing that has wowed me. This sounds like it could be promising, but it also sounds like it could be just another attempt by a studio to launch a franchise. Still, at the very least the film will probably be gorgeous, with practical sets and minimal CGI. »
- Gary Collinson
Similar News ItemsSkyfall (2012)
- How A Fashion Choice Cost "Skyfall" Millions (From Dark Horizons. 1 July 2016, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- How Daniel Craig’s Leather Gloves Reportedly Cost ‘Skyfall’ Millions Of Dollars (From The Playlist. 1 July 2016, 7:08 AM, PDT)
- Nfts launches trio of initiatives to support women directors (From ScreenDaily. 29 June 2016, 6:57 AM, PDT)
- Alberto Rodriguez’s ‘Marshland’ Wins Spain’s Best Film Export Award (From Variety - Film News. 29 June 2016, 11:55 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Queen of Spain’ Teaser Trailer: Penélope Cruz Looks Regal In Fernando Trueba-Directed Dramedy (From Indiewire. 22 June 2016, 12:43 PM, PDT)
- Pedro Almodóvar Reveals the Spanish Films That Inspire Him Most (From Indiewire. 19 June 2016, 4:09 PM, PDT)
No Country for Old Men (2007)
- From Dusk Till Dawn Season 3 Teased in New Photos (From DailyDead. 1 July 2016, 8:33 AM, PDT)
- See ‘No Country For Old Men’ Jump Off the Page in Storyboard-to-Film Comparison (From The Film Stage. 1 July 2016, 7:38 AM, PDT)
- Give Roger Deakins the Oscar Already. Deliver it on a Satin Pillow for Hail, Caesar! (From AwardsDaily. 30 June 2016, 8:17 PM, PDT)