John Oliver will be leaving The Daily Show to host an HBO show focused on mixing comedy and news as Oliver will get to mock the week on Sunday nights. (Does this mean he’ll air after The Newsroom? That should be a fun combination.) For you Daily Show fans who hoped Oliver’s guest-hosting run would lead to something bigger, how do you feel about it happening away from Comedy Central?
Last night, @Midnight wrapped a four-week trial run. That won’t be the end of the late night panel/quiz show, as Comedy Central has renewed the series for an additional forty weeks, as reported by Deadline. The bad news: new episodes don’t return until next year.
And yet, I’m not sure if I think we’ve achieved Chris Hardwick oversaturation on TV.
NBC has ordered 12 episodes of Working the Engels, a first-time co-production between U. »
- Lyle Masaki
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- 50 Best Films of 2014, Part 2 (From SoundOnSight. 28 December 2014, 10:35 AM, PST)
- 10 Best 'Saturday Night Live' sketches of Fall 2014 (From Hitfix. 27 December 2014, 8:30 PM, PST)
- Josh Gad hires best man Kevin Hart in new Wedding Ringer trailer (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 December 2014, 1:28 PM, PST)
- 10 Weirdest Music Videos Of 2014 (From Hitfix. 28 December 2014, 11:27 AM, PST)
- 15 Pop Stars You Forgot Recorded an Original Christmas Song (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 December 2014, 2:42 PM, PST)
- How much of Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: Days of Future Past script made it into the movie? (From Flickeringmyth. 23 December 2014, 12:39 PM, PST)
- How Chris Pratt, Gina Rodriguez, Nick Jonas & 7 Other Celebs Are Celebrating the Holidays (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 December 2014, 2:52 PM, PST)
- 79 Oscar-Eligible Songs: An Opinionated Guide to an Awesome Year for Movie Music (From The Wrap. 23 December 2014, 12:42 PM, PST)
- Lance Bass and Michael Turchin Are Officially Married—Find Out Which 'Nsync Member Performed at the Wedding! (From E! Online. 20 December 2014, 6:45 PM, PST)