Just a week after Dolce & Gabanna released their Martin Scorsese-directed, Matthew McConuaghey and Scarlett Johansson-starring short film/advert, Prada have done likewise with Wes Anderson's Castello Cavalcanti.
It's another short film/advert thingy, though this time about a race-car driver, played by Anderson's frequent collaborator Jason Schwartzman (Rushmore, Moonrise Kingdom) in 1950s Italy. Both the visuals and plot are typical of the director. Its deadpan delivery, the primary colour-palette, there's even a hint of reconnecting with a lost father figure ("He is your great-great-grand uncle").
The short raises interesting questions about the nature of a 'sell out'. What seperates Dolce & Gabanna and Prada's financial backing from a country's film council funding the project? One promotes tourism, the other rides on the director's perceived brand. Watch Casetllo Cavalcanti below and decide if Wes has compromised his artistic integrity yourself....
- Oliver Davis
Similar News ItemsScarlett Johansson
- Hot Toys 1/6th scale Scarlet Witch collectible figure from Captain America: Civil War (From Flickeringmyth. 28 May 2016, 2:40 AM, PDT)
- Hail, Caesar! (From Trailers from Hell. 27 May 2016, 10:32 PM, PDT)
- Woody Allen Talks The Making Of ‘Match Point’ & Working With Scarlett Johansson In 31-Minute Podcast (From The Playlist. 27 May 2016, 2:36 PM, PDT)
Martin Scorsese (I)
- Win a Copy of Vinyl: The Complete First Season (From Comicmix. 27 May 2016, 12:57 PM, PDT)
- Andrew Dominik’s 10 Favorite Films (From The Film Stage. 27 May 2016, 11:40 AM, PDT)
- Beth Howland, Vera on Alice, Passes Away at 74 (From MovieWeb. 25 May 2016, 3:33 PM, PDT)
- Colin Firth to Star in Submarine Disaster Movie ‘Kursk’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 26 May 2016, 9:37 AM, PDT)
- Producer Joel Silver suggests Sherlock Holmes 3 could shoot this year, teases more sequels (From Flickeringmyth. 22 May 2016, 7:40 AM, PDT)
- ‘Homeland’s’ Ran Telem Joins Spain’s Mediapro as Head of Intl. Content Development (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 20 May 2016, 2:00 AM, PDT)